Anyone have any luck getting Disney $ recently?

msr709

DISfan forever
The DS here in NYC doesn't carry them anymore, is this a countrywide thing now? Does anyone have the number to call to get them by mail? I read this was done last year . . .:confused3

i just bought some last night at the syracuse, ny store.

about two weeks ago a different disney store i asked what dollars they had and the girl told me what they had and that they change every so often, so if i wanted any in particular to call before i came in to see if they had anything new. there was nothing said that would lead me to believe that they would stop carrying them anytime in the near future.

perhaps they just dont sell that many of them in the stores, but it seems odd that they would carry them in my rural area of central ny and not in NYC. i would think there would be more of a demand there.

sorry no helpful info. i'm sure someone else is more informed than i.

I just bought some in Jan as a bday present for DS10's BF bc the kid is going to Disney in May. I am in PA.

I just bought some yesterday at a store here in Buffalo, Ny and the lady and I were talking about how great they are, she never said anything about them not having them anymore

Rumor has it they're going to reloadable gift cards in the future, no more paper dollars.

Rumor has it they're going to reloadable gift cards in the future, no more paper dollars.

The one on 5th Avenue is the one I am talking about, they changed their name last year from Disney Store to The World of Disney Store and ever since then I haven't been able to get any there (and its just 2 blocks away from my job :sad: :mad: I called the store today and was told they in fact they had done just that, they will no longer carry the dollars just the gift cards. :sad2:

In 2004 I was able to save $300 in Disney Dollars for souvies, I went and got some every pay day, it was so easy, why oh why would they change it. I know I can get the gift cards but I really like the paper dollars and the kids got a real kick out of them. I'll have to see if the Wilkes-Barre store has them. Oh Bother! as our friend pooh: would say. . .

I've moved this over to the ThemeParks Community Board.. It's a slightly better fit here.

Thanks!

Knox

Although I haven't bought any, an employee in the Disney store in the Poughkeepsie Galleria mall in NY told me just yesterday that they had them. I was buying gift cards, and she suggested that I might want to buy Disney Dollars, and give them to my kids as rewards for doing chores and stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter