Anyone have an LG steam front-load washer?

Wishing on a star

DIS Veteran
My old washer is still running fine, but I do not like it!

We just looked at the LG. The mid-range, first level with steam, washer.

I am reading that the quick wash really IS quick.

Also, it seems to have a function that will cut back on the eco-watersaver, and use more water.

Can anyone tell me about this washer.
How do each of these features work?

Thanks!

I can't help with particular brand but a co-worker has a front loader and does not care for it. From time to time it has a mold problem in the door and found out that this can be a problem with this type.

I don't have an LG but have had a front loader for several years now. I love it. I just leave the door open every once in a while to let it dry out. I am short and the top loading washer and dryer is just not an option for me....unless I want to land inside it LOL
tigercat

We have an LG Perfect Steam set.....LOVE both the washer and dryer! We have never had any mildew issues at all, and the only time we have any smell at all is if we leave wet clothes in it for several hours. Our washer has speed wash.....15 minute cycle.

I have an LG steam washer but is about 4 years old.

The quick wash is a 20min wash.

Works great and no issues thus far. We do not have a smell issue. I don't leave the door open, but I "store" dry dirty clothes in it between loads. It at least absorbs the moisture. Never had a moldy smell so it works for me!

I sold appliances for 8 years so I might be an expert :)

If someone is complaining about their front loader, generally it is user error.

Odors are caused by not using the correct detergent or not leaving the door open as stated in the owner's manual.

The LG steam washer is highly recommended by Consumer Reports magazine and me. I love my LG appliances.

Thanks everyone so far...

I do think that some washers have more of an issue with mold than others.. Better draining? Better Mold Resistant gasket?

Had a Whirlpool that never had a problem.
My current washer does have some mold issues!

Hey, acourtwdw,
Just out of curiosity, as you are our resident expert...
You mentioned the detergent.
Do some detergents have more anti-mold agents or something?
Just curious about how that would be a factor.

Thanks again!

I think that the detergent has to have HG on it which I think pretty much all of them do now. I don't know what it means but it is for the High efficency washers. I want to get a new washer and drier even though mine are not even 3 years old. I have a Maytag Braovs and they are HORRIBLE! I have had to have them repaired so many times. In fact the first time my drier went it was so new that they repair man had to call his dispatch to ask how to fix it. Since then we have gotten to know the repair men by NAME! Does that tell you how bad they are? I had heard LG was not a great brand but from what people are saying her I think that was misinformation. I wish I had gotten an LG when I got my Maytag.

We bought an HG matching set (mid price range) a month ago and I love them. Had never had a front loading washer before but my DIL said she loved hers, as the clothes come out more dry than with a top-loading.

I keep an old dishrag right on top of the washer, and use that to wipe the inside of the door and the seal after using it and there is a magnet on the door and you just shut it to the magnet so there is still space for air to get inside and so far no mold/smell issues. I think if you properly take care of the door/seal you won't have that. If you never wipe them off and you keep the door completely shut, then you'll probably have mold/smell issues.

I especially like the time displays, to know exactly how long a load has left to wash/dry. And they play a nice little tune when they're done. :)

My parents have a LG steam washer/dryer and really love it... my moms picky. Think hers is also a 15 min quick wash that she only uses for pool towels and light loads that arent heavily soiled.

I have a Samsung front loading washer and do keep my door open to keep the mold smell away. There have been a few occasions that my kids leave a wet load overnight and its not good. Quick fix is to run a white load with Clorox bleach and smell is gone. All front loaders have to have the HE on the detergent and I just bought one that wasn't by accident. It will build up quicker in your washer then the HE, so now I just use it to hand wash stuff or stains then rinse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter