Anyone have a George Forman grill?

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by FergieTCat, Jun 8, 2001.

1. FergieTCat

FergieTCat <font color=green>No, I'm serious. And don't call

Do you like it? I just bought one on sale at Amazon.com, and I'm hoping I didn't waste my money. I figure, at the very least, I can make hamburgers and boneless chicken cutlets.

Any secrets I should know?

Donna

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pumba

pumba DIS PUMBARIZER Moderator

machine is shut off......put wet paper towels inbetween to keep interior moist for easier cleaning........I love the chicken marinating......hot dogs......veggies are scrumpious....sliced mushrooms......sliced potatoes............try anything.....

4. FergieTCat

Thanks Pumba!!! :D

Donna

5. RweTHEREyet

RweTHEREyet DIS Veteran

Yes, I love mine, especially after the wet paper towel clean up tip. It sure makes it a lot easier.

Wish someone would share their favorite things to fix and how they are fixed on the George Foreman grill.

6. krazyboutWDW

krazyboutWDW <font color=00CCCC>The TF highly recommends the be

Love mine!! My kids love grilled chicken breast. We eat them whole (with side dishes) or cut them up and put in a salad.

My boys like hamburgers and are able to make their own. We often grill sausage (with a little bit of bar-b-que
    sauce) to make sausage poorboys.

Have also grilled shrimp (for a salad). Vegetables (onions, potatoes, etc...) do very well also!!

I spray a little bit of Pam to make it easier to clean. I love the wet paper towel tip!

7. Margie J

Margie J <font color=navy>Please <font color=red>DON'T <fon

I got mine as a gift and it's the best appliance I have in the kitchen. Stuff cooks fast and I don't set off the smoke alarm anymore when I broil things.

I've cooked chicken, burgers, steaks, veggies, etc. in it so far. Tonight I'm trying sausages in it.

I'll have to try the paper towel idea.

8. chessie

chessie DIS Veteran

I love mine too. The only problem is that the finish is beginning to bubble. The same thing is happening to my mother’s.

When I had my family home I was considered a great cook but now that I am single I have turned into a klutz in the kitchen. My George Forman has brought my cooking back to eatable again.

9. wdisneyaholic

wdisneyaholic DIS Veteran

Cooking bacon on the Forman grill is extremly easy and is a lot less greasy. It never occured to me until I saw them grilling it on QVC and I said I have to try that. It was some of the best tasting bacon I have ever had.

10. FergieTCat

Thanks everyone!!

My grill arrived and I can't wait to experiment this weekend. I think I'm going to even try grilling shrimp (drool!!). My supermarket sells pre-packaged shiskabob fixings and I'm going to try that too.

Donna