Anyone going to SOG in March?

• Thread starter chelsea&austinsmom
  • Start date
C

chelsea&austinsmom

We're going March 4th -1oth to SOG. Anyone else going to be there then? Can't wait to see what it looks like.

oh yes. mom and both sisters and me ( loveing son paying) together in disney for the first time in 4 years:teeth: going 3/25 - 4/1 my youngest sisters birthday will be in the world. plus there comeing from michigan to warm florida. can you tell i'm excited.:hyper:

We're going down on Easter and staying a week. Please let us know what SOG is like when you return. I have been sitting on pins and needles waiting to see if it opens. When I was in WDW in November, I talked to the SOG rep at the Contemporary. She did say that SOG would not open without the restaurants being ready. Hopefully she is right.

Have a great trip.

Debbie

I was on vacation, but it doesn't seem like a whole lot has happened since I've been gone. My source reports that they now have more than one crew working to get every thing ready. I asked if they were working 24hrs a day and was told by my source that he/she wasn't sure, but didn't think so. He/She did say it looked like some kind of effort was finally being made to rush to completion, but you know what happens when things get rushed......things get shoddy. I'm taking another trip next month. If I get info before I go, I'll certainly pass it along. More than likely, I won't hear much until I get back (towards the third week of the month). Keep your fingers crossed! :)

Keeping my fingers cross. And will let everyone know how the new SOG is when I get back.

Have ressies for March 17 -- can't wait to see your opinion of the new SOG -- especially transportation to the parks. Just curious, anyone with March reservtions hear anything from SOG? I called the other day and was assured it would open on time.

:earsboy:

I've been tracking there progress on the SOG website. I'm sure everything will turn out great, what I'd like to know is if they are going to tweak the transportation. When we were there in 1999 the busses were a big pain, especially compared to the Disney busses.

Someone wrote from another thread that they spoke w/someone from Shades of Green and was told that even if the newer part wasn't complete, that they will go ahead and put people in the older (though completely renovated) building....and supposively the new building will be open sometime around April.

Personally, I don't care if I get "new" or not...actually, I requested pool side ground floor, so the kids would have easier access to the pool. ALL the rooms are going to be brand new! :Pinkbounc

Did they say anything about opening up even if the restaurants are not open? We are going down in April and I don't want to stay there if there are no places to eat?

Debbie

I guess we won't find out what will really happen until we get there or SOG call or sends us something in the mail. It's according who you talk to we where told they will not open SOG unless it;s completley done. I guess will see soon enough. We are looking forward to the new SOG. I'll post when we get back 33 days and counting.

I stopped into the SOG attraction ticket office the about 10 days ago. The sales clerk said that as far as they knew, the hotel would open on time, March 1st. I said, "do you really think so?" and she said, "well, we only know what our bosses tell us, but it seems kind of late in the game for them to make a change at this point." So, it looks like a "go."

Can't wait to read the early reviews when people get back in March.

Maddle

We were supposed to be at SOG March 4-10. We are now staying at Port Orleans Riverside. We got a letter that they would be open but would still be underconstruction., So we didn't want to listen and walk around construction for week. We will go again next year.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

I cant wait to hear trip reports and see the pics!! If you are going, make sure to report back!!

We are going March 2005!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter