Anyone go to Hershey Park in May?

kandb

DIS Veteran
We are going to hershey park and are going for 2 days after memorial day. We will be there May 31st and June 1st (tuesday and Wednesday). the park is open from 9am-6pm. I am hoping it will be really slow, kind of wondering why they are even open then, considering schools are still in session in PA and surrounding states. Anyone ever been there at that time? Maybe class trips go?

We usually go on Mother's Day, so a little earlier. That day is pretty busy, because they usually offer some sort of free coupon for Moms. I am a teacher in MD and one of the schools I used to work for would take their 7th graders on an end of the year trip to Hershey Park, usually middle of June. So, I think there is a risk of running into school trips. We would usually see a bunch of other schools there. Even so, it was never super crowded. I think if you have two days, you'll be able to do plenty.

May is a nice time to go. Anytime after Memorial Day can be busy but mid week that first week of June shouldn't be bad. I refuse to step foot in Hersheypark after June 1. Much too crowded.

We like to go on Mothers Day, too. Never heard of a free coupon for moms though.

School let's out for my kiddo on June 9.

I live here..Weekdays are not too bad.Lot of school groups and people coming from out of state.Weekends are BUSY, not as busy as June/July /August but still busy.I avoid Hersheypark myself from Mid June thru Labor day

Yeah echo what everyone else says, weekend get busier after memorial day weekend, but really kick in after schools are out so you should be ok. You are there for 2 days so you will have plenty of time for everything. (Also: Mothers day is always busy there because They do a FREE mothers Coupon Promotion in the local areas, I'm out in Allentown and you can find the coupons around, last year we got them at Friendly's Restaurant)

One year school added the day after Memorial Day as a day off bc we did not use all our snow days. We drove up on Memorial Day, everyone was leaving. The next day we had the park to ourselves except for some 8th grade class trips. The kids were very polite. My youngest was only doing the kiddie rides which obviously had no lines. My oldest was just tall enough to go on roller coasters and loved them. This impressed many of the 8th graders when they came off the rides with DS and DH.

Hershey Park hosts student band/orchestra/chorus competitions in May and June. I don't know the exact dates but that could bump up crowd levels.

We are thinking of Hershey over the Memorial Day weekend. Anyone have any experience with crowd levels? We would be there for Friday of the weekend and thinking that would not be too busy and my nine year old is finally tall enough for all the super coasters. My husband thinks summer would be less busy but we always went the second week of June and it wasn't too bad but this year school let's out June 27. The year we went in July I remember hot, hot, hot and long lines. This is the first trip including coasters beyond superduperlooper.

we went the 2nd week of June last year a Thurs I believe. It wasn't bad at all. We did waterpark 1st thing in morning b/c I hear that can get crazy crowded and then they wont let anyone else in, then we did rides for the 2nd part. My son was 3 last year though so we weren't doing big rollercoasters or anything like that. This year we are going the 2nd week in June too but staying 2 nights and going on a Monday & Tuesday into the park. I think any theme park will be crowded on major holidays and weekends, but just plan accordingly and the trip will be what you make of it. I would think after memorial day the crowds would be miminal during the week. Good time to go.

We are going memorial day weekend....I am guessing it's going to be very crowded. But that's really the only time we can go. We will do the Saturday night preview and then all day Sunday at the park.

My husband and I got away to Lancaster this weekend and we were supposed to go to Hershey yesterday WITH NO KIDS, and we opted to not to because of the rain in the morning....Turned out to be a wonderful afternoon. Still not over it. LOL Come Memorial day Weekend, we will have 5 kids with us! (3 of ours and 2 foster kids) :scared1:

We are going on May1st with Verizon they had passes for 25.00, which is a great deal and the park is not open to the public. I can't wait, I'm sure we will get a lot done. You were able to buy passes on line through verizon even if you didn't work there.

I think May is a great time to go to Hersheypark. Even on the weekends, I don't think the crowds seem too bad. Keep in mind, if you are going prior to the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend (which I think is May 28 this year) the waterpark area won't be open yet. Also, Memorial Day weekend the circus is in town, so you may encounter more crowds that weekend. If you go during the week you'll find lots of school groups there, but nothing too crowded or bad. Enjoy your trip. We love Hersheypark and go a few times each week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter