Anyone go to any of the Orlando Dinner Shows ?

Catrinabeach

DIS Veteran
I am wondering if anyone can recommend one or two of the Dinner shows ?

We are planning to be there next Christmas and I thought that might be a nice Christmas dinner !

I am wondering if anyone can recommend one or two of the Dinner shows ?

We are planning to be there next Christmas and I thought that might be a nice Christmas dinner !

Wev'e been to Sleuths twice and loved it both times. It's an interactive dinner experience. The first act is done theater style and a crime takes place. The dinner is served (and is pretty good), then every table gets to ask the cast questions about the crime. Then everyone gets to guess who did it.

I won't recommend it if you have really small children, but it is PG/ PG-13. :scared1:

We've been to and rate them as follows:

#1 - Medieval Times
#2 - Pirate's Dinner Adventure
#3 - Arabian Nights

I will say that I have not tried a Dinner Show that has great food, so if you are looking for fine dining, a dinner show is not the way to go. However if you go for the fun and atmosphere you should have a great time.

Over the years we have done Arabian Nights, Medieval Times, Pirate's Dinner Adventure and the Outta Control Magic Show. Had a great time at all of them. Search around for discounted tickets.

I don't know if you have kids, but typically kids under 3 get in free - however when we did Pirates with a 2 year old, DD got in free, but she also didn't get any food! (DD is and always has been a GOOD eater, so in reality I didn't get any food at the show - Thankfully I had snacked at the pre-show!!!)

On my to do list are the Luau at Seaworld and Mickey's Backyard BBQ (but as Disney have put the prices up again, it may be a while before we do the latter). Both I have heard good things about.

HTH

-Kay

I have been to every dinner show Orlando has to offer and none of them have good food. Edible? Yes. Memorable? Not in the slightest. Kids enjoy Medieval Times, Pirates Adventure and Arabian Nights the best. Adults like Sleuths. Capones is cheap, in both price, food and show, but they do give you all the beer you want while Pirates tells you they are only allowed to give you 2 drinks then "sneak" you another one in hopes of getting a better tip for being so good to you.

Do they still even do the Hoop Dee Doo Revue? My kids are long ago grown up so I haven't even thought about that place in ages.

We will have a 6 yr old, 15 yr old and maybe a 17 yr old with us.
We have done Arabian Times back in 2005 and Medivial Times then too.

Kids loved Arabian Times.

I was thinking of the Pirate one. Hoop Dee Hoo may be fun. I forgot that one isn't in the park so we could do that without staying at Disney.

Thank you for starting this thread- we just heard about the Dinner Shows in the pamphlet sent out by the Orlando Tourism bureau. DD1 wants to got to Pirates and DD16 wants to got to Medieval. We have 4 nights in Orlando before checking in to WDW - is two dinner shows in 4 nights going to far in terms of entertainment?

Are either show particularly scary? what sort of food is serve?

Thanks for your help.

Bumping in hopes of more info. So many of the dinner shows claim to have been voted #1! I understand I will not be getting gourmet food, but I do not want horrible food either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter