Anyone get real nervous before a trip?

autismgoesdisney

DIS Veteran
I don't know why but before every trip I get so nervous. We leave on Wesnesday morning and I should be excited but instead I'm full of nerves!

I do a little. Usually because there is so much to remember to pack and get done at home. I relax as soon as we hit Orlando. You will too.:)

Yes, I get very nervous, keep checking if I did not forget something, last minute shopping, nervous about flying, if room is clean and everything works, if bags will not get lost and so on. I only relax when we already in parks on the arrival day evening and I ride train in MK(our first to do).

The older I get the more anxiety I have before any trip but it is true-once I am on my way I just have fun! It's the packing, worrying about getting sick before I go,etc.i leave on Saturday and most of my clothes are already in the suitcase and I have been piling other items on my dining room table for a couple of weeks! So you are not alone! I hope you have a wonderful time!!!:yay:

I only nervous trying to pack everyone up in time. I never sleep the night before. I'm most nervous though, that someone will get sick right before we leave. With 6 of us, it's never too far fetched that someone will come down with something and always at the most "opportune" time.

Always get very very nervous. House had to be spotless, everything perfect, I's dotted, T's crossed, and furbaby's stuff triple checked, and I'm still a wreck till I get our room and we are in and it is all okay. I'm like that regardless of where or when I travel. :crazy2:

I always get really nervous before a trip, but my shrink told me something a few years ago before a long awaited trip to Europe that I felt was making me crazy nervous. Apparently the nervous receptors in your brain are right next to the excited, and sometimes what feels like nervous is really just EXCITEMENT :cool1:. So now when I think to myself "I am so nervous!" I remind myself "No girl, you are just super excited!"

YMMV, but for me, it helps.

I usually get a little nervous that I'll forget something - but I didn't last trip :)

I only get nervous about getting up on time and getting ready in time and getting to the airport in time.........other than that it is pure excitement.

Deep breaths and know that you are in control!!!

I am responsible for all the planning and the packing for 4 people. Im a wreck sometimes months before. Its starts with stress of ADRs and what parks what days, then what rides in what order, charactor meetings. . . . . it never ends. My mind is spinning and my stomach is in knots.

Then it all melts as soon as we walk into the lobby (of the resort that I switched to after booking at 2 other resorts first :rotfl:)

I have just a little bit of perfectionism.

Yes, but I usually wait until the day before the trip to turn into a hot mess. I'm just sure I'll never get everything done. I hope you feel better soon.

:)

I know I'll be nervous before this trip because I have to pack for myself, DH, and my 3 DDs (5, 20 months and 3 months!). There's just so much to remember for those age groups and we'll be flying, so that will have me nervous as well! But I'll relax and enjoy once we land in Orlando and get on that Magical Express!

I always get nervous before the trip! :scared1: So afraid I will forget something, not make the plane or just have some major problem in general. Once we get on the plane I usually start to calm down and get back to just being excited! Have a great trip!!

I'm a little nervous myself, but this is my first vacation ever without my parents. I'm so use to everything being taken care of by my super mom. I took on the responsibility of booking and planning everything. DBf is the super experienced flyer so I'm hoping he can get our luggage checked and get us through security with no mishaps. The main thing I'm worried about is the flight as it leaves at 7am and we need to rely on public transportation to get us there. I'm terrified of everything going horribly wrong en route to our flight. Once we get on the plane my Minnie ears will come on and I know I'm going to be bouncing out of my seat in excitement :goodvibes

I do! ...But I have an anxiety disorder so I might not be the best source of whats normal :)

Me too! Our flight leaves at 6 AM on Friday and I am a hot mess! Thank goodness I refilled my anxiety med last Friday or I probably wouldn't even make it onto the plane!:scared1:

So glad I am not alone! I leave Wednesday morning (about 4 am) and since this past weekend, I've been a bag of nerves. Its my first time driving without DH (we are driving to Jacksonville to spend time with family before moving on to WDW) and DH is meeting me there so maybe its the 14 hour drive, the 3 days without him, etc having me insane?

Plus, I haven't packed our clothes yet due to pure procastination. While I love to pack, I get so nervous I will forget something! Given we have a car, who really cares if we forget something, yet I freak out about it!

Ugh my stomach is in knots!

I know once I get there, I will be a-ok but I just want to check in to the hotel, grab a drink, and relax (and get DH there!) ...

I used to get REALLY nervous before my trips, mostly that I would forget something. Then I had to remind myself that Wal-Mart, Walgreens and Rite Aid are EVERYWHERE! So if I forgot something, I could get to a store I'm familiar with, and buy it.

Also, I stress about leaving my house PERFECT before I leave. The last time, I went overboard, and tired myself out. This time, I just want the bathroom cleaned, the trash taken out, and the sheets changed. Everything else can wait....

Good to know I'm not the only one anxious before a trip...But THIS time, I'm gonna do better! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter