Anyone get a pin and told you can't use it?

diswiththree

Mouseketeer
I finally received the elusive white rabbit email with the 20/30/40 discount. I tried calling to apply it to our existing BC reservation for the beginning of August. He told me that there aren't any 40% pin rooms available. Apparently they only set aside a certain number of rooms like ours that can have a 40% pin applied to them. They're all taken for the time we'll be there. I'm frustrated. Has this happened to others?

I finally received the elusive white rabbit email with the 20/30/40 discount. I tried calling to apply it to our existing BC reservation for the beginning of August. He told me that there aren't any 40% pin rooms available. Apparently they only set aside a certain number of rooms like ours that can have a 40% pin applied to them. They're all taken for the time we'll be there. I'm frustrated. Has this happened to others?

Did you ask about moving to another resort, say the YC?

Did you also ask about a different view or if ANY of the days would have the discount available? I would keep checking back as availability can change in a heartbeat.---Kathy

YC standard view wasn't available either. He did price water view at YC and it came to about what we're paying now. I really want to stay at BC and I was hoping for a discount as opposed to an upgraded view.

I didn't ask about some of the days being available. Good idea.

I guess I will keep calling back. I was just surprised by this. I thought getting this pin code was a sure thing.

Oh well. Either way, we're going to having an amazingly magical vacation....can't wait!

For any promotion, there is only a set number of rooms available. Many find this out when trying to book ASMu suites, or values.
Just compare it to discounted airline seats. Only a set number are at a discounted rate. After that, they are standard rate.

I called the other day to use my 20/30/40 pin. My first choice was The Beach Club, but I was told there was no availability using my pin. I asked about Wilderness Lodge, and was again told no availability. The CM then said "I can offer you the Boardwalk Inn at 40% off." She also mentioned the Grand Floridian, the Poly and the Contemporary. I took the BWI because I've stayed there before and it is one of my favorites. I really like the Epcot resort area.

Obviously, there are a limited number of rooms available using the pin, but if you are willing to change resorts, you will probably be able to use it. The savings is significant.

Yes, that definitely happened to me. I have a code that I can't use towards my reservation at the BLT for the same reason. Very frustrating.:sad2:

We have clients calling to apply the PIN to their stay and many want to upgrade to Deluxe Resorts from Moderate or Value. The list of available Deluxes for key dates is getting smaller and smaller very quickly, especially standard rooms.

I had it happen but not because they couldn't find me a room but because they said they couldn't find the pin I was giving them. I read it over and over to them. Finally a Supervisor came on and after about 45 min. I got my discount.

Well, I called again today and rooms were available for my 40% pin! I so appreciate the advice to keep checking back. I got lucky! Though instead of keeping my standard view on the 25% public discount, I upgraded to water view because the 40% made it a wash.

My dd13 is going to be so excited!!!

Well, I called again today and rooms were available for my 40% pin! I so appreciate the advice to keep checking back. I got lucky! Though instead of keeping my standard view on the 25% public discount, I upgraded to water view because the 40% made it a wash.

:woohoo:

I'm so glad that it worked out!:cool1: I was so excited to receive the White Rabbit pin, but knew even before I called that I wouldn't be able to apply it to our BLT reservation. So we switched to the Contemporary, and saved a bundle. Happy endings are good!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter