Anyone Game? It’s my Sep 2013 Blog! I'm home; with a TR link in #1189, 10/14

That is a great story PIO :goodvibes

My high school years are ones that I would, on the whole, rather forget. But your story makes me remember, despite all the bullying and teasing, the kids who showed me some kindness. I may not ever feel confident enough to go to a reunion, but I'll always be thankful to those kids.

You did far better than I would of. I never attend any reunions. School was terrible for me. I am glad you are catching up with a few!:thumbsup2

I'm glad you went and had a good time. I missed my last on because Fran's mother was too sick for us to leave. I might have one in two years. I hope that I enjoy it as much as you did.

That is a great story. I have often thought of going back to one of mine but I have never been.. I am 1000s of miles away, and have not kept up with any of them

That is a great story PIO :goodvibes

My high school years are ones that I would, on the whole, rather forget. But your story makes me remember, despite all the bullying and teasing, the kids who showed me some kindness. I may not ever feel confident enough to go to a reunion, but I'll always be thankful to those kids.

I really debated not going for the same reason. I pretty much HAD forgotten about the high school years.

You did far better than I would of. I never attend any reunions. School was terrible for me. I am glad you are catching up with a few!:thumbsup2

Thanks. :hug:

I'm glad you went and had a good time. I missed my last on because Fran's mother was too sick for us to leave. I might have one in two years. I hope that I enjoy it as much as you did.

I hope you make it to the next one. It was a pretty 'cheap' event and there was plenty of finger food. Evidently, a few more girls did agree to do but didn't show; so there was plenty of food leftover. In fact, we all got a second round of drinks; providing it was a soft drink; as we had overpaid the drinks tab.

That is a great story. I have often thought of going back to one of mine but I have never been.. I am 1000s of miles away, and have not kept up with any of them

Thanks Brandi. I guess one of the reasons for me to go was that the event was less than 5 km away from my house. Makes that decision a little easier.

That's great you enjoyed the evening more than you expected.:thumbsup2

Thanks. Yes...I think I might even consider showing up for the next one.

A Glow-rious Day in Melbourne

It's been a bitterly cold winter in Melbourne and I for one am looking forward to a little sunshine! I expect that I will be complaining about the heat in about 2 months; but for now....bring it on!

This weekend could be a promise of things to come. We had a glorious day on Sunday with temperatures in the low 70's, blue sky and a soft gentle waft during the day.

The sunlight was just fantastic....and I took the opportunity to catch it at sunrise.

Okay....not quite sunrise. I live in surburbia and there is nothing remotely pretty about watching the sun rise over my neighbours roofs; but there are ways of capturing the wonderful glow of the morning sun without seeing the glowing orb in the sky.

These are my Morning Glory shots. For those of you interested, I used a macro lens for these pictures.

1014MorningGlowry037-1.jpg

1014MorningGlowry034.jpg

1014MorningGlowry009.jpg

1014MorningGlowry012.jpg

Sunset?

Well....that's a completely different proposition for me. I live about 10 - 15 minutes away from the Bay, which so happens to be west facing.

I'd watched the weather all day and figured that the sunset had potential for one of those beautifully coloured spectacles that are just a wonder to sit and watch it unfold.

Take a look....I don't think I was wrong with my call. These were taken with standard lenses; not the macro.

1014SunsetGlowry015.jpg

1014SunsetGlowry021.jpg

1014SunsetGlowry023.jpg

1014SunsetGlowry030.jpg

1014SunsetGlowry044.jpg

1014SunsetGlowry053.jpg

1014SunsetGlowry056.jpg

If the summer turns out to be like the day we had on Sunday, I will be very happy!

Hope you enjoyed the Glow-rious Day as well.

princess::upsidedow

Almost time to Book!

It's been a while since there's been a proper post about planning. That's not to say that I haven't been thinking about this trip; but rather its more about the fact that I can't lock anything in concrete just yet.

Nothing......except that the dateline for booking accommodation is fast approaching. And franandaj and I realised that when that booking date is up, I will actually be in the US spending time with her!

What delicious irony!

So, with any luck, I won't be posting about locking the accommodation in until AFTER I return from my (another) mad dash across the pond.

But I hope everything goes according to plan during the booking!

princess::upsidedow

I haven't had a chance to go back over your blog to see what I have missed...but Oh PIO! What magnificent shots of the sunset!

And a macro lens! Something that I do not yet own but would love to one day. Did you find it difficult to use? Also was it hard to know which ones to go for?

Those photos are glorious!! And the sunset -just beautiful. We are looking forward to a good summer, too! Hopefully with a little rain to green things up - which may have happened!! No news of Australia over here at the moment..!!! ;-). Keep the photos coming!!
Oh - and that's good news that its nearly time to book! Always a good thing to look forward to!
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I haven't had a chance to go back over your blog to see what I have missed...but Oh PIO! What magnificent shots of the sunset!

And a macro lens! Something that I do not yet own but would love to one day. Did you find it difficult to use? Also was it hard to know which ones to go for?

:wave:

Thanks. :blush:

I did find the macro a little more challenging to use. In the end, I went over to the photoboard and asked Don for some tips. Once I got that, it was much easier. The most different aspect of using the macro lens for me is using manual focus.

And is your second question about which macro lens to get? For me, I just read up on a whole bunch of reviews of macro lenses and it seemed that the Canon 100 mm macro was the best of the lot in the price range I was prepared to spend. So, I got that one.

Those photos are glorious!! And the sunset -just beautiful. We are looking forward to a good summer, too! Hopefully with a little rain to green things up - which may have happened!! No news of Australia over here at the moment..!!! ;-). Keep the photos coming!!
Oh - and that's good news that its nearly time to book! Always a good thing to look forward to!
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks!

News of Oz? The PM is in India, awarding a special OA to Sachin Tendulkar. She had another cinderella moment and that seems to have put her visit on the front page of the Indian papers. Uranium sales to go ahead and better ties with India to be forged.

At home? Same old....just a different poll-y. Today's talking head is Kevin Rudd weighing in on the misogeny talk.
Dollar is up a tad today.
And the fallout from Lance Armstrong's doping is Matt White who has sacked from his role with Cycling Australia.

Hope you're having a great time and I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures. Did you enjoy your photowalk on the cruise?

Hi - thanks for the Aussie update!!

The photo walk was good - not a lot of people on it, but it was good to wander around with like minded people and just take photos. And not feel silly lying on the ground or getting up close and personal with a wall or statue or floor tile..!!! ;-)
In Orlando at the moment - day of rest today and then MK tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Beautiful sunset pics!:thumbsup2

:goodvibes

Hi - thanks for the Aussie update!!

The photo walk was good - not a lot of people on it, but it was good to wander around with like minded people and just take photos. And not feel silly lying on the ground or getting up close and personal with a wall or statue or floor tile..!!! ;-)
In Orlando at the moment - day of rest today and then MK tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hope you're having fun in MK.

Those are beautiful pictures!!!

Now, I have read the reunion posts and comments. I came to my high school in my sophomore year, all girls school, most cliques were formed in the elementary schools that fed into the small private school. I go back to reunions when I can, because I've found the pettiness of high school days are gone, and the groups are friendlier now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter