Anyone from Wales? need a little help

maryann4086

Where did my other 250 posts go, waaaaaaah
My daughter will be attending Swansea University in an exchange program. She and my husband will be arriving in Cardiff, on January21. Does any one know of a good way for them to get from the airport to Swansea? Any good transports? taxi bus etc? Also any good hotels near the uni? Thanks in advance

Hi

It will be a bit of a drawn out journey with a couple of changes - you would need to get the bus form the airport to cardiff city and then another bus out.

to look for journey detaisl for the exact time they will be arriving try traveline cymru - not been here long enough to post links but if you google it will bring it up - its a journey planner for using the public transport system in wales

For taxis Im not sure how much it would cost exactly but Cardiff to Cardiff airport is around £25 I would think to Swansea you would be looking at around £75+

Not sure if they have websites but some of the taxi companies you can try are:
Delta 029 20 20 20 20
Premier 029 20 55 55 55
Capital 029 20 77 77 77

they are all cardiff firms and are pretty reliable if you wanted to prearrange a booking or there will be taxi's at the airport too.

You can also try some of the vale of glamorgan companies
Rhoose Cars: 01446 713916
Hunts Private Hire: 01446 719069
Gaynors Airport Transfers: 01446 719105

Also if you google airport transfers cardiff airport you will bring up a webpage called the cardiff airport guide which has lots of info.

Editd to add:
Try going to swansea unis webpage and the accomodation list there - they have lists of guest houses etc and rates are from £15 for a single/£30 double or twin +

Hope this all helps

Ellie

alternate instructions if they wish to try going by train can be found here

The train route from Cardiff to Swansea is very good and the taxi fare at Swansea would not be too much.

When you are looking for hotels or guest houses near Swansea Uni, bear in mind that it is right by the sea so there are a LOT of hotels to choose from and most of them will be catering to holidaymakers so may be a little expensive. I found the University accommodation service http://www.swansea.ac.uk/accommodation/Contactus/ very helpful, although I was looking for year-round accommodation for my son.

My son started there last September and is having a fantastic time. He has found people very friendly (he says old people at bus stops always talk to him and ask him how he's doing and what he thinks of the area etc) and there is plenty of day time activities and nightlife to enjoy. Asd I mentioned it is opposite Swansea Bay and just a few miles from the Gower Coast, one of the UK's areas of outstanding natural beauty.
http://www.aonb.org.uk/wba/naaonb/naaonbpreview.nsf/OpenSection?OpenAgent&Section=9.002

I hope she has a wonderful time.

Thank you all so very much, it is hard sending your child away even if she is technically an adult. I will go to all the websites and compare. Thanks again

I've only just spotted this post so, hopefully, you'll already have sorted out the transport, accommodation, etc. but, as I live and work in Swansea, please feel free to PM me if I might be able to help with anything else :)

hildasmuriel - glad to hear your son likes it here! :thumbsup2

OP - sorry to wander off topic.

Hilary, it's really funny to hear my son talking about Swansea as I spent 12 years there as a child and my sister married a Swansea lad and still lives there (near Killay, so very handy for the student village, hence my son gets his washing done for him!)

I lived the other side of Swansea in Clydach and went to school in Pontardawe.......many many moons ago. :rotfl:

Unfortunately none of the transport companies contacted us, So, i guess they will have to try the train. Hopefully they dont get too confused, Thank you again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter