Anyone from the UK done an ABD tour?

topsy

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I would love to do the Backstage Magic ABD tour in California. Living in the UK, it costs a fortune to call American phone numbers to gain more information.

Has anyone from the UK been on this tour and how did you go about booking it?

Thank you!

I'm not in the UK, but one thought would be to use an American travel agency, such as Dreams Unlimited, or MEI-Mousefan Travel. You could be in touch with them via email, then skype with your assigned agent without paying huge phone bills. Your agent would book all your travel arrangements with ABD.

We've booked to go on the backstage tour in October. I agree calling the states from the uk can be quite expensive but I found Disney to be very understanding. When we booked last year I called them about a week or so after the new dates had been released. The rep on the phone took all my details in about 5 minutes and said that the computer system was a little slow because of the volume of bookings. He then offered to call me back in half an hour to stop me waiting on the line. He offered that, I didn't even ask! After my initial booking everything else has been done online with email or their online chat.

Hope that helps!

I'm an American, so I have no advice about how to book a tour from the UK, but I do travel a lot in Europe and I like to call home often, so I do have some advice about calling the US from the UK without paying an arm and a leg. :goodvibes

Go to skype.com and create an account. This is free, and allows people to call from computer to computer for free anywhere in the world, usually through a webcam so they can see each other. That's not helpful in your situation, though, where you want to call an overseas company rather than chat with a friend. So you can get what's called Skype-To-Go Numbers for your account. You tell it you are in, say, London, and then you give it the American number you want to call. It will then give you a local London number that you can call and be connected to the American number. You won't have to pay your phone company anything - it's just like calling next door. Skype will charge you roughly 2 cents a minute for the call. (You prepay by credit card in $10 segments.)

The great thing about it is that not only is it a ridiculously cheap way to make international calls, you can do it from 20+ different countries. So you can use it at home in England to call the US (or anywhere else in the world), and you can also sign up for local American numbers that you can use once you are in the US to call home for 2 cents a minute.

Hope all that makes sense! It's been an amazing help in all my travelling, as well as just calling friends long distance within the US.

To make inexpensive calls to USA, I'd recommend SuperLine or a similar service.

I have used SuperLine for years so can recommend them - take a look at their website:

http://www.superline.co.uk/cheap-calls-to-usa.html

After registering, all you need do is dial 1461 before dialling 001 (for USA) & then the number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter