Anyone ever used a Virgin Select Voucher?

Welsh *Disney* Girlz

Mouseketeer
Last year our flight home with Virgin from Orlando was cancelled and we were given Select Vouchers for travel any where in the world except Australia.

I've just tried to use them and can't get flights to LA, Vegas, San Francisco or Orlando anytime in August or September and there's just a few dates to Miami.

Has anyone managed to get a flight using a Select voucher? And if you did what taxes did you have to pay - all the ones listed when you look at the breakdown of the fare?

It's looking like we'll just book our flight and pay the full fare but wondered if anyone had any good experiences to report with the vouchers.

Gosh thanks for the quick response!

We have 3 red vouchers.

If we didn't have to pay taxes then we might consider Miami but my husband and I were in Florida in February (in the cold!) and my daughter will be there in a couple of weeks so we thought we'd have a change.

I've already booked a one bedroom villa at the Grand Californian with my DVC points as I thought that'd be the hardest part to get!

Perhaps I'll email Virgin as I've spoken to 2 Virgin booking people who were both a little 'vague' on the issue of taxes!

PS If I do book to go to California I may book with BA as they're cheaper!!

Who did you speak to, UK agent or foreign call centre?
Probably better if you can get thru to UK based agent.
I never have much luck emailing Virgin, take a long time to respond if at all.
Let us know how you get on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!