Anyone ever get an AP discount on MLK weekend?

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by jeast, Jul 31, 2009.

1. jeast

jeast DIS Veteran

Apr 6, 2005
    I'm thinking of going the week of MLK in January, but am hoping for a discount. Do they usually offer AP discounts this weekend or is it like a blackout situation??

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DrmWvr1299

DrmWvr1299 the world IS a carousel of color

Aug 5, 2000
    Curious about this too!
  4. wishiwereindisney

wishiwereindisney Mouseketeer

Jan 17, 2007
    don't know the answer but i am wondering too :thumbsup2
  5. Luv2Roam

Luv2Roam Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

Jun 3, 2000
    I can't answer the question either. Just keep in mind over any holiday weekend you will be paying more. January is generally value month. Until you get to MLK weekend.
  6. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

Nov 12, 2006
    Yes, I have. in 2008 I had a 14 day stay that encompassed both marathon weekend and MLK weekend, and it was booked with an AP discount. I didn't have to pay a higher rate for any weekend days (I don't know if my trip was prior to the change in policy, or if it was because I was in a DVC studio - I usually don't get higher rates at the DVC resorts on weekends). But, and this is important, be prepared to book as soon as a code comes out you can use because I know later the weekend was blacked out - I assume as their occupancy levels for the holiday hit a certain point. The same thing happened to me this past April. I was able to book the 4/3 deal checking in two days after Easter, and later, they blacked out the week after Easter from the offer. So I'm sure the availability is much lower around the holiday.
  7. Seahunt

Seahunt DIS Veteran

Jan 19, 2002
    Another poster asked about AP rates last year at the YC in Jan, and I know you're not looking for the YC but maybe parts of my answer to them will help you too :goodvibes

From looking through the bookings DISers reported making it looks like WDW showed blackout dates on last years AP deal info they released that would have included 1/19/09 MLK Day BUT people still were able to get better prices on their dates like fla4fun did above.