Anyone ever get a code after booking a room?

teedee

DIS Veteran
I've always been lucky about getting a code, either by email or regular mail. This year I went ahead and booked first, hoping I'd get something, but nope, not a thing. I just wonder if now that they have my name in their data base as being booked they won't bother to send codes. I may be obsessing way too much about this, but I would like to save some $$$.

Terri

:confused3 I got an email code for any value resort for $44 a night. I got it the day after we got back (when we went to pick up our mail). I wish I would have gotten it sooner! It wasn't good for the week we went but I could have went any week! (This happened last summer.)

I would be interested in this too. I called yesterday just to "see" if there was a pin code attached to my name. The lady was very snotty and said, "If you have a discount, I assure you that Disney will notify you by mail or e-mail." I am sorry, but I've read too many posts about people never getting any notification and still having a pin by their name. Was it going to kill her to check for me?

I'm not one to complain much - I usually see the positive side of things - but it seems to me that the people at Disney Reservations are getting ruder and ruder. I've dealt with a few great CM's, but overall they've not met my expectations with this trip. I'm REALLY hoping this is not indicitive of Disney's attitude overall. It's been two years since I have been to WDW and what I remember most is the great attitude everyone had.

Sorry, I know that's a bit off-subject, but I needed to vent for a second. Thanks!!

We booked our next trip right after we got back this past December and I did already receive two e-mails with pin codes since then. Unfortunately, I could not use them both because of the dates. I hope another one comes my way that works out.

I actually had a post card pin last year that had unusable dates for us but in VERY SMALL print at the bottom it said something like similar savings available for ___________ to ______________. Yep, my dates fell into that category :) SO if you get any type of pin code I advise calling and seeing if there is any way you can get it to work for you :teeth:

I will say however, that when the GP code for the same time came out I actually switched my dates and used it. Seemed our first dates fell during Super Soap Weekend :earseek: not something DH wanted to see!

I will book a room several months out the AP rates comming out. Then call back after AP rates available and my reservation is changed to the going AP rate. This gives us peace of mind to have the room reservation 1st.

I booked two rooms last March for a December visit. I ended up getting an e-mail from Disney last Fall for a great rate. I called up and they instantly applied it to my YC reservations. The funny thing was that I had an AP and was anxiously awaiting those codes to be released. The e-mail rate that I ended up getting was the same as an AP rate. :cool1:

I would love to have another e-mail, but nothing so far...... :wizard:

Well it's good to hear that it does happen. I'm not going until June so I'll keep hoping for something. Last year GA Resident discounts came out in the Sunday paper, I checked already - the early edition comes out on Saturday afternoon, but nothing yet.

Terri

Terri,

You and me both. I have lost hope on a code, would LOVE to get one, we are booked for June as well. . ..keep hoping maybe magic will happen to us as well : )
Lesley

Yup,

I got an email last year that was for the dates of the package that I booked.

The email code was better than the AP code.

I contacted Carole at DU (they were handling my ressie) and she was able to apply the email code to my ressie, and with that we upgraded to AKL for that trip instead of POP.

Good day my friends,

two questions for you:

1) if i book a room for August before the AP rate come out can i be sure of the AP being applied?

and

2) what is an "e-mail" code and how does one get one.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

What happens if you get a code and you booked a room through a Travel Agency (All Seas Travel)? Can you call them and tell them about the code and get the better rate?

Yep, booked PC for $99 and got a code almost a year later.....changed my ressie to POFQ for $79.

ILoveMGM said:
What happens if you get a code and you booked a room through a Travel Agency (All Seas Travel)? Can you call them and tell them about the code and get the better rate?

If the code is available, and your TA is competent, they should be able to get you the discount.

Never got a code before...called late last week and booked our January trip. Lo and behold in yesterday's mail there was not one but TWO postcards with two different codes on them. Unfortunately, using them doesn't give us as good a deal as booking the MYW tickets and dining plan all together, so we're not using the codes. After all the talk on here, though, I'm sort of bummed not to use it. Who knows when another will come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter