Anyone ever done assembly work at home?

donnabc

Mouseketeer
I have a friend who just had a baby and she was asking me if I knew any companies she could work from home with (stuffing envelopes, putting together stuff, etc)
Anyone know of any?
I mentioned ChaCha but she is not so great on the computer :0)

I don't know of any decent ones (companies) and am about to say that there are none.

If the company wants payment or membership fees or registration fees up front or wants you to buy materials, kits, advertising, postage, or anything else, stop right there. It's a scam.

Specifically related to assembling stuff, you have to buy the materials or kits and the company promises to buy the finished items except that the company tells you that the items were not assembled well enough. So you have to sell them yourself using eBay or whatever and you don't recoup your money. Don't do it.

Disney hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I would advise her to proceed with great caution. I'm sure there are some reputable companies out there, but SIL did this (some sort of craft). She got ripped off.

Thanks. I knew if anyone could tell me a reputable company it would be you all :0)

Tell her to ask around locally. Lots of times small independent companies will hire out small jobs on a as needed basis. I have friend here who assembles fishing lures for a small company and another that does envelope stuffing for another local business. I too work from home but I lucked out with my husbands boss who pays me to do all different kinds of things, I have stuffed envelopes, edited there manuals, done some cleaning up of compter files and lots of scanning. He pays me $10 an hour and generally there is no rush to have things done. Its great for me because I have 2 girls and I can work around their schedules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter