Anyone else stranded in the North East?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DVCMikey, Feb 8, 2013.

1. larryz

larryz A few of my favorite turrets... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I totally understand that remark.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

We have 30" of snow here in the western Boston suburbs. Lots of blowing and drifiting and it is still snowing.
    I am very worried about my daughter. She lives on the south coast. No heat, no power, no cell phone charger and running out of logs. She has about 12 " of heavy, wet, cement like snow. She can not get out to somewhere warm.
    Lots of coastal flooding and damage.
    It is pretty bad.

4. aml3679

aml3679 Kita's Mom

I can't agree more. Circumstances at the moment prevent us from moving but we would be there in a heartbeat. We have at least 24" and it is still coming down fast and furious. My husbands car is buried.

5. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

For that statement, you must have lived everywhere in Florida to hate the whole state:) We moved from Michigan to Orlando and lived there for 18 years, 6-7 months of 90 degree + high humidity did get old. Moved to the panhandle (Destin area) with great beaches and cooler weather, I do miss the snow but not months of it. DW would never move back to the north, she will only visit for a week:rotfl:

6. pl4bby

pl4bby Mouseketeer

Just as a whole yes. I have been to many parts. Don't like it. Miss winters, fast paced life, work ethic, people are much nicer in NY. Yes I know NY has a bad rap but floriduh stinks. Way too conservative down here. Need open minds not mouths

7. larryz

larryz A few of my favorite turrets... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Either panhandle or S. Alabama seem like good areas in which to settle...