• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else snowed in?

ForAandA

Tiggerlicious
Unexpected snow day here in NY. I have been listening to the podcast, doing some cooking, and now looking for an awesome completed trip report to read.

Any have a favorite they would like to share?

What is everyone else doing today that are snowed in?

We are snowed in as well. Forecast was for 2" - 4" and we already have 8"
I'm searching Flights to Orlando for a quick get-away. Not sure how I would get to an Airport but it is always fun to dream

So far we have gotten eight or so inches in South Jersey where I live right across the bridge from Philly, with more to come. It's wet and heavy snow, too-hard to shovel, which is why I'm currently hiding up in my room hoping they don't notice me and make me go out and do the job. :thumbsup2

:headache: I got the call from DS11's school district around 5:15 this morning saying that the district will be closed. Oh well, there goes DS's 4 day Memorial Weekend. At least he has a 3 day weekend.

I went out to shovel and found it to be wet and packable. Unlike the last two times where it was fluffy and so easy to just push the snow out of the way. It's still snowing out, but all of us had fun outside and built a snowman. Oh and of course we had fun having a snowball fight :goodvibes

Spring can't come soon enough!

I think it would have to be 3 feet for me to be snowed in. I've never seen 3 feet. I have seen 24 inches and that didn't stop me, so at least over 2 feet before I would call it snowed in.

8 inches of snow? I don't even bother with firing up the snowblower until 8 inches. 12-18 inches, now that is snowblowing fun. I still think I could get through 18 inches with my Jetta, so the snowblowing still isn't entirely necessary.

We're snowed in as well although I was lucky enough to make it to an early morning boot camp class before it really got bad. It's still coming down here and I measured 9 inches when I went out an hour ago. We have a 2 foot wall of snow at the bottom of the driveway from the plow. Waiting for the snow removal crew. It's days like this that I'm glad we live in an HOA.

Wednesday isn't looking good at this point since we're supposed to get early more by ice. There won't be a spring break at the rate we're going. All snow days are used up.

I've been rained in. It's snowing a bit right now, but it has been all rain from at least 8AM until 1:30. Now I am waiting for the pooling water on the roads to turn to ice. :scared:

The snow looks like it's starting to taper off where I am. So for the 3rd or 4th time today, I went out to shovel - again. While I was clearing the driveway where my car is, I noticed the driveway was a mix of snow with slush :headache:. This time, however, I made sure to put down rock salt.

There are days like this where I wish we had a snow blower!

I probably will be tomorrow....6-10" of snow tomorrow in KC.

Yep, we're expecting 6-8 inches tomorrow in IL as well. The kids are already planning how to spend their day off on Wednesday. We've had so many snow/cold cancellations that I wouldn't be surprised if they have school anyway. I could have some very grumpy kids Wednesday morning. :rotfl2:

The weather at 6am today said to expect "a light dusting of snow" yet by 11am there was 3" on the ground. :laughing: I obviously wasn't snowed in but Wednesday may be a different story. Right now all weather sources are predicting 10"-14" plus sleet beginning tomorrow night and ending Wednesday afternoon. THEN, early weather models are showing another 6" on Sunday night. :crazy2:

....oh, and BTW, OP - feel free to take a gander at my siggie to make use of the link to some TRs.....:thumbsup2

Not snowed in however we are forecasted with 1-3" of snow, starting tomorrow. Let's hope it stays that way. You can have the 6-10" inches above me.:scared:

Cannot wait for spring!!!! :sunny:

Here we've gone from 4-8 to 2-4 to 1-3 to now maybe an inch tonight. Fine by me

DH was emailed by a friend about another storm(s) on the way. Wednesday there is another one coming in, but I don't know about accumulation. Sunday into Monday is another one that could give us either 3" or 30" :scared1:, depending on how the storm approaches!

Either way, I'm tired of this snow. I don't mind the fluffy stuff that can easily be pushed away with a shovel. I do mind the wet, packable stuff that is much harder to shovel and takes you all day to clear when you don't have a snow blower :headache:

Tri state area in the mountains. We are used to snow. This year though is kicking our butts. It's been so very cold and the kids have missed so much school. First few snow days were fun. Now they are not so much. And we are supposed to get more tomorrow. Have to make a grocery run along with the rest of the state.

Think Spring!

I got about 9" of snow yesterday with another 6-10" on the way tomorrow and to top it off up to an inch of ice! Then we have the Sat/Sun storm where they are calling for a few feet of snow.. its going to be an interesting week here. I just hope I dont lose power!

Here in New Mexico we have some snow, depending on the elevation where you live. In my town we're on the foothills on a mountain so we've got maybe 3-4 in? So my kiddos are on a 2 hour delay. Which is fine by me! We get to sleep in and not have to count it as a snow day! But we're expecting more snow during the week so we'll see what happens!

We haven't gotten a really good snow storm for a few years. But I remember those days when you have such bad cabin fever you'd walk to the nearest gas station, grocery store, anything just to see other people and more then just the inside of your house!!!

....meanwhile, in California, we're facing a drought.

My son and daughter-in-law in NY are leaving out of JFK Sunday morning for a vacation to Mexico. I sure hope they can get out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter