Anyone else receive letter about Sheraton Vistana Villages?

mrsboz

DIS Veteran
We received a letter from Sheraton saying that we could stay four nights five days at Sheraton Vistana Villages in Orlando for $279.00. Has anyone else received this letter? i called and they said that it was on the up and up. They said it is because we are faithful customers and they send them out every once in a while to reward us for staying at their properties. Sounds to good to be true. Anyone else ever hear of this? Should I be leary?

That's exactly what I thought but I called and the guy swore to me that wasn't the case. he said that it is just to show appreciation for their customers and they send them out periodically to their customers.

You'll likely still get a call from the rep after you checked in to ask if you want to talk about buying. You can say no.

Yes, we got the same letter over the weekend. I read through the whole thing several times because I thought for sure it would say that attending a timeshare presentation was required and then I would definitely be out but I didn't see that anywhere.

When I called they swore that it was on the up and up. I'm thinking of going. What are your thoughts MrsM??

When I called they swore that it was on the up and up. I'm thinking of going. What are your thoughts MrsM??

I signed up for the 4 days for $199 a few years back in Boston.

I went, they scheduled the presentation; it included a nice continental breakfast and it lasted 2 hours. The guy was a bit sleazy, but not near as over the top as the one I went to for Fairfield.

The presentation (which I had agreed to) was the morning after I checked in at 9am. They also gave me 6000 Starwood points.

After I said no, I wasn't bothered again and I enjoyed the four nights in the one bedroom villa. They were very new then and very nice with a screened in porch and a patio set on the porch..

Not sure how much pressure you would get to go to a presentation, but I can't say I endured a high pressure experience.

I've actually considered staying there again after that visit, but it's always been more than I wanted to pay.

So even though they swore that there was not to be a presentation --- there is? When do they tell you when you check in or did you know beforehand?

I think that the person above you had a different offer that included the presentation.

You are probably fine and won't have to do one, since it's not listed as a part of the deal. I just think they'll still call you when you get there and are checked into your unit and offer one to you, but you can say no, that you aren't interested. We've had that happen to us at a different place we stayed.

Thank you I hope that you are right. I am thinking of just going with my DD's and I dont want to deal with a presentation. For me, it isn't worth the money to sit through one of those presentations.

I received this as well - keep in mind the fine print does say you need to book at least 90 day ahead of time and the offer is only valid if there is space so dont purchase it thinking you can use it over peak times like Christmas because chances are you wont be able to (who knows tho!) I have stayed at SVV three times and there are some older units that are pretty run down and some newer ones that are amazing so not everyone is going to have the same experience there. What I do is unplug the in room phone jack so they dont call and leave you messages for the timeshare and it is fine. I got a similar offer last year at this time so what I think is that 90 days from now might be a very slow time (late august with kids going back to school) and this is how they fill up.

So even though they swore that there was not to be a presentation --- there is? When do they tell you when you check in or did you know beforehand?

I signed up knowing there would be a presentation.

I was also timeshare shopping and did 3 presentations.

I eventually purchased DVC.

Typically a timeshare presentation is only given when both husband & wife are present. I think if you attend with your DD just let them know your husband isn't with you, and they likely won't trouble you at all.

Hmmm...this place was really persistent about the timeshare tour when we stayed there on a redweek rental last year. There was no way I was taking a tour. They were so persistent that we had to unplug the phone because they were calling after 9pm.

Otherwise, we really liked this resort actually and would stay there again. I'd just say refuse the tour and then unplug your phone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter