Anyone else ready to plan for after-Christmas sales?!?

pumpkinfish

<font color=blue>Clothing Expert and Magic Giver o
DH and I are both off and want to go out the day after. We need decorations for our yard for next year's Christmas...maybe stock up on paper supplies w/holiday themes as well.

When do the stores usually open on the 26th?

I believe they are back to normal store hours.

I started my list last night.

I won't be needing wrapping paper or gift bags but I do need cards and I always buy 2 ornaments to put with the teachers gift cards next year during the after Christmas sales.

I'm planning ahead! I would like to get some more decor items for next year and maybe a new tree skirt as the one we have now is very plain. I also have a gift card to Bath & Body Works from last Christmas I have to use so I am hoping to stock up when they slash the prices on their gift sets after Christmas. I asked for more gift cards so if I am fortunate to get any, I will be looking for bargains. I might also get Christmas cards for next year..never bought them after Christmas before, but PP mentioned it and it sounds good to me!

Oh yeah, I always buy my Christmas cards for next year the day after Christmas the year before :)
And I have enough gift bags and wrapping paper to last a few more years :rolleyes1 ...I made out big at Target last year.

Last year was my first year doing after-Christmas shopping and probably should have planned better. I do want to hit Target as I have a mypoints giftcard to use (cashed in my points just for the after Christmas shopping ;) ). I know after halloween they opened at 8...wait, is this their normal hours?? I made out so good I want to repeat for Christmas.

Ok, so our POA (plan of attack) will be get to Target at 7:45 and line up outside..then drive down to the mall and look for deals at Hallmark and the department stores, B&BW, and Old Navy. Shoot...no, we need to hit Lowes/Home Depot and THEN the mall.

See why I need to be organized :)

I read somewhere that B&BW will start their big clearance sale on the 29th. The day after everything will be 50% off at Target. My Walgreens already has 50% off decor. So does my Meijer.

I usually wait a few days on Target to go 75%. My sister and I have noticed that there are a lot of things left at Target this year. I think that people aren't buying Christmas decorations this year and the deals will be good this year.

I don't need any thing right now so I tend to wait till Target goes 75% or even 90%.

I already have my list of wants and needs and know which stores I am going to.

I always hit Hallmark on the 26th for the best paper, bags, and cards. I would love to find a pre-lit tree but the ones I really want start at $350 so I doubt it'll be in my price range even after xmas.

I usually wait until several days after Christmas and then I just (usually) shop for things I KNOW I will use throughout the year, like Ziploc bags, tissue paper, Oil of Olay (usually cheap in gift packs). I have enough wrapping to last for a while and it is TOO easy to get carried away buying marked down paper, bags, ornaments, etc.

Sometimes I try to find things to use in goodie bags for DS's birthday (in January), or things I can save for gifts other times during the year (like red stuff for Valentine's Day).............................p

I am looking to see what I can use for my daughter's wedding. Since her main color is red, I am going for red tablecloths, serving trays, candles, etc.
Right now Wal Mart has a ton of stuff I could use - just hope its still there on the 26th!

I would lOVE to go to the Disney Store after Christmas, but the closest one is 1 1/2 hours away from me. I went shopping there last weekend and they had a ton of Christmas stuff already marked down. Got ornaments for $3.99 (the same ones that are for $5.99 on disneyshopping site), huge Christmas stuffed Minnie, Eeyore, Pooh for $10, tree topper for $14.99, small gifts, etc.

I don't need any thing right now so I tend to wait till Target goes 75% or even 90%.

This is what I do too. :)

I usually wait until several days after Christmas and then I just (usually) shop for things I KNOW I will use throughout the year, like Ziploc bags, tissue paper, Oil of Olay (usually cheap in gift packs). I have enough wrapping to last for a while and it is TOO easy to get carried away buying marked down paper, bags, ornaments, etc.

Sometimes I try to find things to use in goodie bags for DS's birthday (in January), or things I can save for gifts other times during the year (like red stuff for Valentine's Day).............................p

Me too!!! lol On all points. :) I have a b-day in Jan and another in Feb so I'm always looking for inexpensive gifts. :)

OP, Target and Wal Mart usually open at least an hour early, when I worked at Target we opened at 7 the day before. But with the way things are going this year they may just open at 8 as normal.

I'm thinking I'll probably go New Year's Eve or New Year's Day...there's nothing that I really need to be there the morning after. Once it goes 75% or 90% off, then I'll be there for sure! :thumbsup2

Good luck to whomever decides to go! I agree that it looks like there's lots left over in the stores this year. I start shopping for next year on Dec 26 so I need to figure out who needs/wants what for birthdays or to stick aside for Christmas next year.

I plan to do my after-Christmas shopping when I get back from WDW on Jan 3rd! My family members know to give me gift cards because I *really* shop during that time.

I can't wait to score a 6' lighted Christmas tree...

I'm a BIG bargain shopper after Christmas! I'll stock up on Bath and Bodyworks my fave scent: twisted candy cane... Target I wait until they go to 75% off then stock up on ornaments (great gift toppers), wrapping paper (plain so I can use it all year long), stocking stuffers (great things for kids to get throughout the year), etc. Hobby Lobby is another favorite. I know we have weddings throughout the upcoming year so I'll pick up some nativities for gifts as well as craft items! I also stock up on candy and treats that my family will munch on thorughout the year... Bath sets, makeup kits, men's kits all drop price wise and are great gifts to break up and give throughout the year! Inexpensive and generous!:cool1:

So I went to Target after work last night...needed to grab some lotion for granny.
Anyways, I was scoping out the Christmas section and WOW!!!! They have SOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo much stuff left over. I kept walking through the aisles and saying "Wow" out loud and looking around. I'm sure people thought I was crazy but it really surprised me that they have all that. Of course, I haven't really looked at their Christmas stuff yet this season so it was my first encounter with it.

Also, their store hours will be to open at 7am the day after so I'm glad I checked! :thumbsup2
I'll call around today to see when our Lowes/Home Depot open along with the mall.
New game pla:
*Hit Target for candy deals, holiday themed paper towels, plates, ect and any lights DH HAS to get.
*Hit Home Depot and then Lowes
*Hit the mall
Then maybe have lunch at Red Robin and come home to sleep. I love it...after Christmas is like our Black Friday :goodvibes .

Since there is so much stuff left at Target, I'll be waiting for things to go to 75% as well.

i will need to get some boxes of cards and some santa-themed paper...i've decided our theme will be santa next year with all gifts wrapped in some kinda santa paper.

I'm also thinking of a theme for a second xmas tree...just a small one. I guess i'll see what appeals to me when i go shopping.

jacobsmom, might wanna check b&bw now..i think all the twisted was 75% today when i went.

I usually wait till Target 75% off but I love the fiber optic villages Target has, so if they have one left at 50% off I am snapping it up! They usually go at full price though around here...:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!