Anyone else miss when Disney had unique Items

... that I can get for a better price if I wait for DisneyStore.com to run a sale...

Exactly!

I've quit buying stuff at the parks. I barely buy anything on-line anymore, even. Disney stuff from Target is our go-to. Or else I just make some original Disney-themed stuff. Those get lots of comments in the parks which I enjoy!

What is it called? It sounds like something I would enjoy.

Here it is. I could recall exactly what it was called. Looks like it was specifically for the resort specific merch, but I think we all miss the broad spectrum of unique stuff. not just the lack of the resort specific stuff. Which thankfully is coming back....a little.

It's not active much though.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/146033932137744/

When it actually had Villian stuff in it? Now it's 1/2 candy store :confused3
and the other half is just Jack skeleton stuff. What tickles me when I think of classic disney villians and themovies, Nightmare before Christmas isn't even on my radar.

I have a sleep tee from there that I got many years ago, it has all 4 of the witches on it, I love the thing but it's faded and worn.

I hate what Villains in Vogue has become. A few years ago it was split between Jack Skellington and Hannah Montana stuff. Then it went to JS and Pirates. Now it's JS and Vinylmation.

I hate buying foreign made stuff, unless I'm in the WS and the item is made in that specific country.

This made me laugh. I bought two items in the Japan pavilion last week, only to find that one was made in China and one was made in Canada! At least they are countries represented in WS, LOL!

I miss the unique little shops, like the antique store in Liberty Square. I have some very unique "Disney" souvenirs, that no one but me would know came from WDW.

I miss the resort specific stuff. I miss being able to get something Epcot specific, for example. I hate that I can save all my shopping for the end of our stay, and do it all in DTD. There is no longer any uniqueness within merchandising at WDW.
So, with that thought in mind, I now spend a ton less money on shopping. Same thing goes for food. The individuality has been done away with. You don't get restaurant specific stuff anymore. Gone are the days of specific paper goods for each restaurant. Gone are the specific things you could only get at a particular restaurant. Same thing with adult beverages in the lounges. Now...it's a generic drink menu.

I spend a lot less money at WDW nowadays. I eat at fewer restaurants. I buy very few things in the shops. I hate buying foreign made stuff, unless I'm in the WS and the item is made in that specific country. So, more money in
my pocket and less in Disney's.

I am starting to seriously consider renting a car for my WDW trips. That way, I can head offsite to eat and visit other attractions in the area. Disney no longer gets me 24/7. They have taken away a certain uniqueness.

Well said! I agree completely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter