Anyone else have child who doesn't care about the giant icons?

S

susy

I always read posts about kids who want to stay here or there because of the icons. Our son doesn't think much about them at all. When we are at a value resort, we have to say, "Marcus, look at this..." He does not want to be bothered with it!

He can't stop talking about the WL, though. Looks like I have a little deluxe snob on my hands;)

Anyone else have kids who don't care for the icons?

My DS10 is the same. I was looking in to a quick trip on his birthday the end of June. I showed him PC and he said, can we stay at BC again? He told me the all-stars and PC looked tacky :rolleyes: I have a deluxe snob also.

Hi there
We also always stay in values because we are so close and go so much but for just a couple of nights it makes more sense. But in Feb Everything was sold out and we ended up at Animal Kingdom Lodge $99/night upgraded pool view. OMG my DD5 now only wants to stay there. She says very patiently "mommy now you remember the hotel witth the giraffes and pool..." Forget the icons.:D

My kids will take luxury any day, and they hated the All Stars pool -- only took a few minutes to figure out the theming didn't cover up the lack of a slide.

My DS9 couldn't stand the ASMo when we were the last Aug. He was as relieved as I was to move to CBR. When we started talking about going back I asked him where he'd like to stay and he says "anywhere but the All Stars" LOL:earsboy:

My DGD liked them when she was 6, but now wants AKL. I'm hoping she'll like BCV just as well after this trip.

im laughling at this..... we stay at the all stars and i have a GREAT TIME, prob. more than when my dd 's wereyounger. we usually are not in our room much thats why we stay here. we never went to disney when we were younger, so we appreciate now when we are there. maybe some day we will stay at the Poly, just me and hubby. lol. we will leave the kids home. they can stay where they want when they are PAYING lol

my little "snobs" were taught to, and do appreciate their trip regardless of where they stay. Their concern is WDW parks and the Magic they bring to everyone. princess:

I really thought, from watching the planning video, that my kids would pick the All Stars to stay at. I was surprised when they said they would rather stay at the Poly and be near the monorail and MK.

Funny! We've visited several resorts (WL, GF, CR, Poly,), stayed at FW cabins and POR. When I mention my STRONG desire to stay at the WL someday, my kids (5 & 9, both boys) always shoot me down...they want to stay at the cabins again! They ADORED FW!!!!:p

I am the OP. My DS is only 6. He doesn't know that one hotel costs more than the other, but definitely loves having a slide. On our previous trips to mods or deluxe, he didn't use the slide, but now that he has, he is all about slides. On our last trip to PC, it was too cold to swim, but DS was not at all impressed with the "flower pool", like it's for girls or something. Isn't it funny how kids think?

My kids are so different.......Last night my son (he's 8) asked me if Disney World was all you can eat. When I told him no he asked if we could just go on a cruise like we did last year instead of going to Disney World. Also I bought disney dollars to give him for his allowance and from the tooth fairy. He wanted to know why no one gives out real money anymore.

I'm planning a day to go look at the other resorts (we are staying at the CR) because I want to take some pictures of the kids with the large statues at ASM. I don't know how that will go. I'm sure my 3 year old will be impressed but I doubt my 8 year old will.

Yes!!! My kids loved the Poly! My son calls it the "Tiki Room Hotel". He has been asking to stay there again everytime we've went since last Nov. We stayed at ASM a few months ago and he asked if he could go back to the "Tiki Room Hotel". I thought he would just flip over the Toy story giant statues, but nope, not my kid! Oh well, he's going to have to be *satisfied* with SOG this trip.:rolleyes: :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter