Anyone else gone from The Disboards for a long time and come back? Like me?

Lurked for a year before joining in 2003. Got fed up and stayed off for a year, I think it was the entire year of 2009 or 2010. It is now my assigned "social media" site to monitor for work. Got fed up this year for a few months, and monitored but did not post. Came back.

Hi all! I found Disboards back between 2006/2008 and was an avid poster for about 4 years-ish. When my marriage crumbled in 2010 and I went through major life changes consequently, I fell away from here and mostly got my social buzz from Facebook ever since.

I'm back! Reason being, I'm just sort of bored w/FB and remember how fun it was to get to know people on the boards here. Being a member of this community was always fun and interesting and I learned new things every day, away from the many annoying things that come along with social networking.

The commonality of this Disney love is pretty cool, and I've missed it.

Just got back from Disneyland last week, visited Epcot back in December for the first time. I also love cruising and went on my 2nd Royal Caribbean in December, and will be embarking on my first Carnival this December!

I'm a huge Vegas fan as well and love premium and luxury hotels and spa resorts. I plan travel and blog about it too, can you tell? haha...

Ok, anyone else wanna chime in than that would be great! Welcome back to me and welcome back to you too!

Welcome back! I have never been away completely, but sometimes I take long breaks and get involved in other things.

I hope you had a great time at Disneyland. I love going there. It looks like we have a lot in common. My family loves cruising too. We've been on a Disney cruise, Carnival, and Norwegian. My husband and I are going on a RC cruise for the first time this Sept. We are cruising on Carnival in December with my son and his girlfriend while they are on college great. I'm also a huge fan of Vegas. The last time we went, we stayed at the Mandalay Bay. We splurged and got a suite and it was the nicest hotel room that I have ever had.

Anyway, welcome back.

I've been here a long time. I have periods of just lurking & not posting much though.

I take breaks form time to time but I'm never gone for too long. I might miss something :teeth:

Hello peeps! By a strike of luck, I'm heading BACK to Disneyland in a couple weeks to experience my first Disneyland Halloween Party! I've been to MK's Not-So-Scary back in 2008, but this is my first West Coast party. Woo hoo so excited!

I was a fairly active poster under a different name about 4 to 5 years ago, then gradually tapered off. It's not that I was dissatisfied; life events just got in the way. But I would still read occasionally. When I decided to post again, I couldn't remember my old screen name. After a few times trying to log on, I conceded defeat and created a new name. It's good to be back.

Hello peeps! By a strike of luck, I'm heading BACK to Disneyland in a couple weeks to experience my first Disneyland Halloween Party! I've been to MK's Not-So-Scary back in 2008, but this is my first West Coast party. Woo hoo so excited!

Cool. I'll be at my first DL Halloween party in a few weeks too!! I've been to DL many times before (lived in LA for 8 years) but never a Halloween party. We went to MNSSHP in Orlando last October and had a blast, so I hope the Disneyland version is just as good.

I started years ago and a computer blip lost me all my posts. I kept posting for a few years after that,then took a break and came back.
When the DIS changed there website/format etc a few months ago, I changed my username and started over.
I don't post often anymore.

Love Vegas too baby!!!!

Me....same thing....started spendign most of my time on Facebook, but kind of sick of FB, and we have Disney trips planned again.

Been here a long time as well and life takes me away from here. Then I dream of doing Disney again...

I was gone for a while, and before that I was not a really active user, posted randomly and mainly lurked. Then life got busy, taking care of a sick mom, becoming unemployed and taking care of my dad until his death, and then a new job and becoming mom's caretaker just left me with no free time. But now I am getting back to time for me and I logged back in here and now I lurk at least once a day. This is my first post in I don't know how long!

I was gone for years and just popped on today to see what's been going on.
Nice to see you again, Melinda. I sure do remember that Boston dis meet, fun times.

I was gone for a while, and before that I was not a really active user, posted randomly and mainly lurked. Then life got busy, taking care of a sick mom, becoming unemployed and taking care of my dad until his death, and then a new job and becoming mom's caretaker just left me with no free time. But now I am getting back to time for me and I logged back in here and now I lurk at least once a day. This is my first post in I don't know how long!
And nice to see you here again, Tricia. And yes, you sure have had your plate full.

Good to see everyone.

Ok, everybody, I love the "LIKE" feature, so I don't have to quote every single person. lol. However, I also like still being able to multi-quote. Thanks for popping into the thread!

Me....same thing....started spendign most of my time on Facebook, but kind of sick of FB, and we have Disney trips planned again.

I'm so sick of FB too, omg. I thought Periscope was going to be my new jam but it drains my battery and everyone on there is chasing fame rather than trying to make connections

Welcome back, @julezdisney, and enjoy MHP/DL! Totally jealous! :goodvibes

Thank you! I'm pretty stoked!

I was gone for years and just popped on today to see what's been going on.

Isn't that funny? Hello then!

Oh my, you've been through a lot. Hugs to you! :flower3: Thanks for coming onto the thread!

I got busy when the baby in my profile picture was born back in 2009. Then, I went back to work in 2010, those bigger kids in the picture started middle school and high school and life got crazy! I came back when my first trip back to WDW in 9 years (and my youngest's first trip ever) was coming up to see what had changed in the parks and try to get my bearings before I left. We got back home earlier today and I am in love with WDW all over again! (And I should really update that picture.)

I got busy when the baby in my profile picture was born back in 2009. Then, I went back to work in 2010, those bigger kids in the picture started middle school and high school and life got crazy! I came back when my first trip back to WDW in 9 years (and my youngest's first trip ever) was coming up to see what had changed in the parks and try to get my bearings before I left. We got back home earlier today and I am in love with WDW all over again! (And I should really update that picture.)

Welcome back! SOOO much has changed in WDW, I'm very intimidated to think about planning any lengthy trip there!

I was gone for a year, maybe 18 months. I was having bad headaches and found out I had a huge brain tumor! So my surgery and recovery was pretty time consuming. I came back on here to figure out the fastpass plus for my trip next week. Doing Disneyworld Halloween next week (party on the 20th) and Disneyland Halloween the week after (party on the 31st).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter