Anyone Else Going To Be Leaving?

Discussion in 'Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Museum' started by taz, Apr 22, 2008.

1. taz

taz Bye

After VMK closes, I find there is no reason to really stay on here. I rarely get PM's (except from Daze) so there is no need to stay on. Is anyone else doing this?

- besides the occasional PM check, I think there is no need to stay on?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. VMK_Mouse

VMK_Mouse DIS Veteran

taz, I do not think these kind of posts are allowed here. It might get deleted. If you want to keep in touch with anybody, it is best to send a PM. :)

4. taz

taz Bye

Really... I dont think anything is wrong. My bad if it is.

5. piratesLifeYoho

piratesLifeYoho Mouseketeer

it didnt strike me as a delete worthy post, but im not too experienced here. however, i would like to say that a good reason to stay on disboards is to keep up with the save vmk campaigns. even if it does close, it shouldn't mean that we give up! you never know ... they may decide to bring it back.

6. aengus

aengus <font color=blue>Official Head VMK Cheerleader!</f

Personally, I was a member here before VMK. This is where I learned about VMK even.

Being honest, many will move on, but you must notice quite a few long timers when glancing at their join dates. The core group are park fans and were here before VMK, will be here after VMK.

7. BattyMcDoon

BattyMcDoon ^v^

I most likely wont visit the VMK part of the board very often, but as a photographer I love the photography section. :love:

8. ElectricLime

ElectricLime As seen on VMK

Make sure you stick around for at least a week or so after VMK closes! There may be some interesting discussions!

9. KrazyPete

KrazyPete skeleton

Check back here every Survivor season. :thumbsup2

I've been neglecting that board for the past few months. I probably will be more active there if VMK closes.

10. VMK_Mouse

VMK_Mouse DIS Veteran

taz, I was not suggesting you did anything wrong. ;) I have seen posts gets closed or deleted for less, such as saying "I might be leaving the Dis."

Nothing is wrong with your post, I just wanted to throw out there that you should PM any of your friends and let them know how to keep in touch with you should you leave. :)
    Good thoughts! :thumbsup2

11. cteddiesgirl

cteddiesgirl <font color=deeppink>Not invisible to the Tag Fair

I'm like A.
    I was here before I even knew about VMK. I am somewhat active on the main Community board. So, I won't be leaving DIS. Although I probably won't be on it as much.

DIS is a huge forum. Check out some of the other areas before leaving. ;)

12. Imagineer_Tech

Imagineer_Tech Always And Forever ~ illusionistic

I won't be leaving i'm active on the Disney news and rumors board. I love that board :lovestruc

13. Barbday62

Barbday62 DIS Veteran

I been a member of Dis boards since 1998 (I know my join date is 2004, thats because I lost my original password and could never get it to work when I asked to send me the password to my email address) I still read Disneyland boards most and all the others. As for VMK board. Who knows. If its interesting enough Ill stay. After all its been my 3 year habit I dont know yet how Ill handle the withdrawal coming off it.

14. WDWLIGHTNINGZ

WDWLIGHTNINGZ DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>Title Says All!</

I will stay. I love the Teen Board, Trip Reports Board, Community Board, Photography Board & Collectibles Board (Pins). No reason for me to leave.

15. souper

souper DIS Veteran

Of course what you do it completely up to you. I'll be around. I use Dis quite a bit for trip planning, photography tips, etc...

Just like in VMK, I find the more PMs I send...the more I receive.

16. tofubeast

tofubeast DIS Veteran

I was on the Dis before VMK (that is how i found out about VMK) and I will be on after (that is if it truly ends!)

I check out the trip planning boards, reports, collectibles, theme park discussions etc.... I love the DIS.

17. threeboysmom

threeboysmom Our life is what our thoughts make it

I've signed onto DIS daily for years before VMK began, and so I plan on sticking around for years after VMK closes... It's my "home" :goodvibes

Love the Theme Parks board, the Hotel board, the Restaurants Board (FOOD!!!!!) and the Budget Board... Oh, and the Community Board... :goodvibes

18. Eeyore's Pal

Eeyore's Pal Trading pins since before there were rubber backs

I've been with the DIS since before it was the DIS...

The DIS is my online home. It is my connection to the parks that I love, and to the many online friends that are now my friends in person too. :cloud9:

19. poohluv2u

poohluv2u DIS Veteran

Waaah :sad1: What will I do without my daily dose of Pink and Aengus trying to out do each other. It aint over till the fat lady sings ... and I tied her up and locked her in a closet ... she won't be singing any time soon!! :rolleyes1

20. Kasiks

Kasiks DIS Veteran

I started being on the dis with VMK so I dont see why I would stay here either. I guess I will go back on french boards or if vmk will be pay to play I will come here to see what they are doing with the game :rotfl:

21. threeboysmom

threeboysmom Our life is what our thoughts make it

Can you put Aengus in there with her? ;)