• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else going to be affected by Government shutdown?

Mousemommy1

DIS Veteran
Just seeing if any other Dis-ers are keeping an eye on whether the Federal Budget is approved or not. My hubby is a federal employee with the Department of Defense and a member of the NH Air National Guard. He got word that he will be furloughed if an agreement is not in place by midnight tomorrow night.

We are lucky in that we have savings, and are generally pretty good with our finances, so we should be able to manage (I work as well...). But now I would feel bad even talking about planning a next Disney trip!!! :headache:

Anyone else's family going to be impacted by the impending government shutdown?

We are militray. And we have an emergancy fund. So we will be okay.

Just an FYI, there is another thread just like this one under the Budget Forum. Not sure if you have seen or posted there;)

I'm Department of Labor. Not really ok. We dont have an emergency fund, we are using our money to go on a trip to Disney in 4 weeks. Ugh. Too late to cancel - everything is bought. I just hope that we arent out of work for too long, or that if we are - we get paid for it. Its not our fault! Sigh. Just frustrated with the demonization of federal workers.....

Vester

so sorry to hear. have 3 family members who work for the IRS in utah and while they were vacationing here in jersey they find out they possibly may not be going to work when they get back..no savings for them either. hope everything works outpopcorn::

Different situation but just as likley to be affected. DH is a 100% disabled Veteran. If there is a shutdown it looks likley that we won't get his benefit check at least not in time. My little business isen't really bringing in anything because all my time is spent caring for him, our ASD son and our two DD's (one of whom with a list of her own health conditions.) We have been hit really hard this last year and were just beginning to feel stable and start saving again so I am really really hoping this gets settled soon. We don't have enough to even pay next months bills without it.

Both the hubs and I are in the military so we will be bringing in nothing until the budget gets passed, eek! Thankfully, we have a lot of money saved, but it still doesn't feel good to have no income.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter