Anyone else getting lots of DCL literature / promos in the mail?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by newtodcl, Jul 20, 2006.

1. newtodcl

newtodcl Mouseketeer

LAst week we received a "Now you don't need pixie dust to fly!" brochure offering $99 RT airfare (east of the MS river) on the special 10 and 11 night cruises and this week we got a brochure about the med with a scratch and snioff coconut inside also discussing the caribbean cruises......anyone being inundated with DCL stuff? I am beginning to wonder if they are losing business?

We are going on our 2nd cruise 9/16 DD so I am not interested in another trip right now, but it is interesting to read... ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. stampinshauna

stampinshauna Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise L

I haven't been getting mail from DCL, but I would like to. I've sailed both DCL and Princess and I always get princess flyers but no DCL. I like to get mail from the mouse.

4. mott

mott DIS Veteran

No mail for us (snail mail or email).

5. cashewpeanut

cashewpeanut Earning My Ears

I just got the scratch and sniff coconut yesterday in the mail. I have been getting lots of e-mail and snail mail about upcoming cruises. It seems to me they are really pushing cruising this fall.

6. lindakmonty

lindakmonty He's like "OH NO YOU DIDN'T"

I'd like to receive more offers as well!! I'm ready for another cruise :woohoo:

7. we6clarks

we6clarks Mouseketeer

We've gotten the same mailings. I don't know if we'll take another cruise. The prices have gone up so much recently.

8. TiggerKing

TiggerKing If we don't go crazy once in a while, we'll all go

We did receive the mailing about the 10 & 11 nighters with the special airfare. Almost made me book one of them as well! I REALLY want to go to St. Lucia.

We have not received the coconut one as yet. I don't think it is just DCL who is pushing business. With FOS coming online right now, and several other new cruise ships recently, you have increased capacity that is getting close to outstripping demand. This is something a lot of "experts" have been talking about for a couple of years. You add to the increased availability the fact that every line's prices have increased due to fuel, not to mention additional costs of getting to the ports due to fuel prices, and you have a scenario that is going to have an impact on the industry. Of course, it didn't help that you have had all they hype around those who have fallen overboard and never been found, including that Discovery Channel special!

It would not surprise me if you start seeing price breaks within the near future on DCL, and price breaks from other lines as well.

(No, I am not an economist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once while I was obtaining my MBA.)

9. HollyTyler

HollyTyler <font color=deeppink>I know, I'm stuck on that Mic

Wow! I've never received anything in the mail from DCL and our 3rd cruise is coming up. I will be booking another while onboard, so I'd like them to send me stuff. Oh well...Guess we do fine without! :thumbsup2

10. Scratch42

Scratch42 <font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go

We Don't Get Mail from DCL in Canada!

Wish we did!

I've always wanted a Coconut from DCL!

j

11. Momeska

Momeska Go Irish!

We sailed in May, 2005 and have not rebooked as DS19 is in college now and DS15 is right behind him. Since returning...we've received three separate mailings from DCL. All were of the scratch and sniff variety and each one makes me long for that experience once again. :sad1: From the postings I've read, DH & I are in the minority regarding our children's education. Yes, vacations are important to us, however, our children graduating from college debt-free is more important so DCL will, unfortunately, have to wait.
    :wave2: Linda

12. Cruiser1969

Cruiser1969 Where, oh where, have my little tags gone??

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

13. Amor4Pooh

Amor4Pooh World Traveler In Training

who has never cruised, but was booked once(traded with my aunt so she could attend concerts instead)- and is getting Castaway Club mailings- ironically I'm the CC member- and get none presently. She does however have a Disney credit card- which she got when she had NO job :rotfl: ! We thought that was hilarious since we all applied at the same time, and she was the only one who got one (with a $$$$ limit no less) :rotfl2:
    Amor4Pooh :hourglass

14. AnnaS

AnnaS DIS Sponsoor/Veteran

We just received the coconut flyer two days ago announcing the med cruises. We happen to be on one of them. That's about it.

15. DisneyMommyMichelle

DisneyMommyMichelle Always Dreaming...

::yes:: we get these coconut flyers all the time! i love them!!! :)

16. Robert and Kelley

Robert and Kelley <font color=indigo>Disney Fans<br><font color=red>

We have probably gotten 3 mailings from DCL since our first cruise in 99. We have gotten nothing lately though.

pirate:

17. TiggerKing

TiggerKing If we don't go crazy once in a while, we'll all go

Please keep in mind that not all who cruise DCL are have children, use debt, or sacrifice family needs to go on a cruise.

18. Stepht5

Stepht5 Just trying to make it to our next Disney vacation

Really? We pay for our children to go to college (without any loans -- we write checks for tuition), we don't have any debt except a very small mortgage, pay cash for new cars and we go on vacations! Not just Disney, either! BTW -- we have 5 children...... 2 are now adults.
    We certainly would NEVER go into any debt for a vacation.....

19. kfeuer

kfeuer <font color=blue>My kids are going to think I'm ol

I really hope you're not just trying to :stir: We've had enough of that lately!

OP, to address your question yes, we have gotten quite a few mailings recently. Oddly enough, most of them are addressed in the name of my MIL (who does not and has never lived with us, nor has she ever cruised with DCL).

20. Momeska

Momeska Go Irish!

I'm happy to hear we're not alone. :thumbsup2 I've just read, not on this thread but on others, where parents think nothing of letting their kids borrow for college so that the parents can spend their money on cruises. My DH is an accountant and you'd be amazed how many people do, in fact, borrow for everything, including vacations. :sad2: That is their choice, I suppose. We, too, write out checks for tuition, pay cash for cars and only buy them when absolutely necessary...well over 100,000 miles, and have a small mortgage. We could probably squeeze another cruise out of what's left but you just never know what the future holds. But...we're okay with that. It will make when the time comes that much sweeter. I do love getting the literature from the cruise line though. It brings me back to these boards and all of the friendly people who frequent them.

21. Momeska

Momeska Go Irish!

That was absolutely not my intent and I apologize if that is the way it came across. I was simply commenting...that's all. I love these boards and enjoy reading and occasionally commenting on them. Please, no offense meant.