Anyone else get the DVC survey re: DVC 'elite' club?

dvc_john

DVC since 1993
Just got a survey asking my opinion of 5 possible names for an 'elite' club of some sort for DVC members. (the word 'elite' is mine, not theirs).

It seems they may be thinking of a club level for DVC members based on number of points owned and/or number of referrals by DVC members. No mention of possible perks, and it had a disclaimer that nothing may ever come of it. It was only about how I felt about a possible name.

Yep, got it also. Pretty short survey. Could be interesting if anything comes of it. My favorite was "Club 91".

Initial Text :

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with Disney Vacation Club. It should take you 10–15 minutes to complete the survey. We truly value your responses.

Today you will be answering questions about a potential new Disney Vacation Club program. This program would be available to a select group of Members who qualified by reaching a certain threshold through their own purchases and by referring friends and family. The program would give this qualified group of Members access to additional and/or highly sought after benefits. The questions you will be answering all pertain to possible names should this program be developed. Please consider each name carefully before answering the questions.

As a reminder, this program is still in the consideration stages and is not currently active. There is no guarantee that it will ever be launched as part of Disney Vacation Club. This research is purely directional. Thank you again for your participation!

Club Names :

Commodore Club : Inspired by the Commodore House, the place where families first discovered the magic of Membership.

Club 91 : Referring to 1991, the year Disney Vacation Club was established.

Member Treasures

Legacy Club

Disney Vacation Club Rewards

Questions

Based on the name xxx ( where xxx is one of the proposed names above ), please rate the following statements on a scale from 1 – 5 (1=strongly disagree, 5=strongly agree)

“It makes me interested in learning more about the program”

“It makes the program sound upscale”

“It makes the program sound exclusive”

“I would be proud to display this name as part of a logo on a polo shirt, tote bag, etc.”

“It sounds like a special Member program only Disney Vacation Club could provide”

Please rank the names 1–5 based on your preference for what this special Disney Vacation Club Member program should be called.

didn't get it. Was it emailed or snail mailed?

This sounds like another really dumb idea by DVC. Of course, at the members' requests.

I think you only receive the survey if you own X Points or have X Referrals. (ie: If you qualify).

popcorn::

This concerns me. One of the things I really like about DVC is that they treat all members equally. It doesn't matter if you bought resale, it doesn't matter that you only own 25 points, every member gets the same perks, and the use of there membership. In many other timeshare points programs they have different levels of membership. If you only buy a few points, or buy resale, you become second class citizens, not entitled to the same benefits as the VIP owners.

This concerns me. One of the things I really like about DVC is that they treat all members equally. It doesn't matter if you bought resale, it doesn't matter that you only own 25 points, every member gets the same perks, and the use of there membership. In many other timeshare points programs they have different levels of membership. If you only buy a few points, or buy resale, you become second class citizens, not entitled to the same benefits as the VIP owners.

Sounds that way to me too. I did receive the survey, but I think with all the recent changes, DVC is going more the way of the traditional slime, I mean timeshare. I guess as long as I am sitting on a ton of points, I should not complain, i always appreciated that with DVC all members being treated equally. I never threw around the # of points I own but it seems they want me to.

By sheer example, I will also have more referrals. People see us living life in the fab lane and want to know how we do it. I tell them DVC and they want to join!:lmao: Im a walking sickness but Im good for business!:rotfl:

I feel so used!:goodvibes

I agree....sounds like they will be treating us according to our number of points. No longer will we all be part of the same club. I don't like it.

That was my thought too. I can only afford a small number of points and thought it was pretty nice that I still got to be a 'real' member. I wonder what the perks will be? Will members get extra early booking days? Preferred rooms? Those kinds of things would bother me as then I would feel like a not as cherished member. If it's stuff like a special reception, or extra goodies or a Club members only event, then OK..they paid for it. I don't want my basic membership standards to be diluted though.
I actually like the Club 91 name..the closest thing to Club 33.

:snooty: Sounds like the rest of us will be in the "Left out in the cold" club. Sounds like a pretty snooty idea to me.

The larger DVC gets, the more they start acting like a "regular" timeshare developer.

Wyndham, Bluegreen, and Diamond/Sunterra all do similar things. The good news? In the existing systems, none of these "elite benefits" are actually worth much.

The larger DVC gets, the more they start acting like a "regular" timeshare developer.

Wyndham, Bluegreen, and Diamond/Sunterra all do similar things. The good news? In the existing systems, none of these "elite benefits" are actually worth much.
Well, people aren't paying the Disney dollars for those timeshares either.

Yes, they are---if they are buying from the developer. And, with Wyndham and Diamond, that's the only way to "qualify".

Enough points for a Peak 2BR week at Bonnet Creek from the developer will set you back at least $28,000, and that's only if you are an excellent negotiator. Most people are paying closer to $33K.

I totally agree! I purchased direct from Disney (3 times) and ahve referred several other people who purchased, but I'm quite sure I wont qualify for any of those "exclusive" clubs.

I REALLY HATE the idea of an elitist attitude with DVC!!!!! Now, if they limited it to all members who had the minimum contract it wouldn't bother me too much, since I'm one of those who think the minimum contracts shouldn't change either. I don't understand how they can bounce around the minimum from 230 to 150, to 160, to 100...ARGH!!! Just make a limit for complete membership and be done with it!

I suspect the high number of resales of 25-50 point contracts might actually be driving this boat. I think it's why they are again raising the minimum purchase at BLT. If they don't want people to be members with just 25 points, than make THAT the rule, not all this other "Mickey Mouse" stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter