Anyone else ever seen this?

Disneefun

DIS Veteran
This is kind of random, but I was looking back at old picutres, etc. and remembered this. Several years ago (like 1995) we stayed at CBR and rented bikes. Well, I think we rode somewhere we weren't supposed to be (oops, but we never saw any signs) behind the resort and we saw these little mock ups of the All Star Sports and Music buildings. We saw Calypso and Surf's Up and some others. They were normal house sized, perfectly scaled replicas of the resorts. I finally realized that, in addition to visualizing the design prior to construction, it must be these buildings that Disney uses for photos in the promotional literature that goes out before resorts are even completed. You know how before resorts are finished we start seeing pics of the exteriors -- this must be how they do it. It was stange seeing these little resorts and I just wondered if anyone else had ever seen these.

I have seen them! In 2000, we explored the CBR and walked on the jogging paths. We must have went where you went because I could have sworn we saw mini models of the upcoming Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I guess those models are there right now for the Saratoga Springs Resort......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter