Anyone else disklike David Letterman?

I do not like Letterman, DBF does so sometimes we watch a little bit of it but I don't like him or his show.

On the other hand I love Jimmy Fallon and Craig Ferguson, those guys crack me up to no end!

I do not like Letterman, DBF does so sometimes we watch a little bit of it but I don't like him or his show.

On the other hand I love Jimmy Fallon and Craig Ferguson, those guys crack me up to no end!

I forgot about him. I've watched his show a few times and he is very funny. :thumbsup2

I used to love Dave, still have a great deal of respect for him. The thing is that the whole late-night host sitting behind a desk with guests in chairs format is tired. Dave looks tired (& old), Jay looks better but his material is pretty routine. The other guys are getting into the talk show biz at the wrong time. Kinda like a 2012 college grad applying for a job selling and servicing typewritters or cassette decks.

Even Leno, creep that he is, at the time that came out, said it was silly to criticize Letterman, as he's never presented himself as something he wasn't. I remember he said something like if he'd been in the same situation, people would be right to string him up because he does present himself as the faithful family man but that dave has never, so silly to pretend like he had.

That's ridiculous. Bad behavior isn't excusable simply because you admit to it.

That's like saying "I kicked my dog but you can't get mad at me because I've always said I don't like animals!"

Letterman's a jerk. I very strongly dislike him.

Meeeee!!! I don't really like any of them except Craig Ferguson, especially when Kristen Bell is on because they're super funny together.

That's like saying "I kicked my dog but you can't get mad at me because I've always said I don't like animals!"

No one said it's excusable - but it's not our behaviour to excuse. It's his wife's, and however it violated whatever their deal was.

Leno's point was that it was silly for people to act as if they were shocked or offended as if Letterman was a hypocrite or a liar or something, which they could have, had Leno been in the same situation. Letterman had never presented himself as anything but this - thus to be surprised and shocked that he was this was disingenuous.

Also - I think your analogy is faulty. Kicking a dog is abuse. Consenting adult relationships are what they are. He was the victim of a crime, not the perpetrator of one. He violated some agreement with his wife, but that's their business, no one else's.

Completely disagree with this statement. I think he's a biased hack, so to each his own.

Letterman doesn't even try to be non-political or non-biased. I can't stand him anymore. He's also a terrible interviewer and slimey. Love Craig Ferguson, he's actually funny.

The bold is pretty obvious! :lmao:

Kicking a dog is abuse. A grown man having an affair with another grown up isn't abuse. It may go against my morals but his girlfriend of many years, now wife, doesn't seem to be too bothered by it since she is still with him. If I had to dislike everyone associated with Hollywood that slept around, I'd never turn on my TV or see a movie again.

Bleck! I don't care who he has on, tere is nothing that could make me watch his show. He couldn't do a decent interview to save his life. Periodically a radio station would play his top ten in the morning. They have never ever been funny :confused3

I don't get the superiority complex either. Leno was beating him before the network messed around with the time slots. Why does he think he should be a jerk for years on end, because once he didn't get TV show he wanted? :confused3

Bleck! I don't care who he has on, tere is nothing that could make me watch his show. He couldn't do a decent interview to save his life. Periodically a radio station would play his top ten in the morning. They have never ever been funny :confused3

I don't get the superiority complex either. Leno was beating him before the network messed around with the time slots. Why does he think he should be a jerk for years on end, because once he didn't get TV show he wanted? :confused3

It's not quite that he didn't get a show he wanted, and he's not the one who was a jerk about it first. That'd be the backstabbing, closet-hiding Leno.

Yes, post-Hugh Grant, Leno was No. 1 in the ratings. America also enjoys Olive Garden, 'cheeze' in a can and Twilight novels. :confused3

I love Letterman.

I'm a huge fan of Craig, too. But I'm not a Kristen Bell fan so I don't watch as often. I swear, she's ALWAYS on his show. We saw a taping of Craig in January. It was fun, but we missed Lesbian Row by ONE person.

I just can't stand Leno.

Now here's the funny thing. Craig was less than nice to his audience. During the taping it was fine, but I honestly expected him to say something to the audience during the down times. He didn't even thank us for coming personally. Having been to quite a few tapings, this was odd.

And the several times I've seem Leno on the 405/101 near my house, he always waives (I drive a purple convertible PT Cruiser so it sticks out.) I've seem him in some AWESOME cars, too.

The three times I saw Letterman tape, he was FANTASTIC and nice to the audience. I think he spent more time talking to us than it took to tape the show.

It's not quite that he didn't get a show he wanted, and he's not the one who was a jerk about it first. That'd be the backstabbing, closet-hiding Leno.

Yes, post-Hugh Grant, Leno was No. 1 in the ratings. America also enjoys Olive Garden, 'cheeze' in a can and Twilight novels. :confused3

"Back-stabbing" really? Closet-hiding? Huh? Struck a chord did I?

You're right those cheez in a can tweens sure are lining up for Leno :rotfl2: Its all the fault of Twihards!

"Back-stabbing" really? Closet-hiding? Huh? Struck a chord did I?

You're right those cheez in a can tweens sure are lining up for Leno :rotfl2: Its all the fault of Twihards!

Yes, really. What Leno did, to Letterman, who basically got him the Tonight Show gig in the first place by having him on the Late Late Show constantly, was reprehensible, imo.

In a general sense, eavesdropping, sneaking around, forcing Carson out, etc., I also find reprehensible behaviour. If you don't know what he did, it's well-documented in a book by Bill Carter called The Late Shift.

I didn't mean it was tweens, I meant yes, America likes Leno. America, in a general sense, enjoys dumb things and has no taste. ;)

To each his own - I have always preferred Letterman. We even went to NY to be in the audience.

He just seems like an old pervert to me lately. Did you hear what he said to Serena Williams? :eek:

I'll take Jimmy Kimmel any day!

I used to LOVE David Letterman. Even went to see his show taped...twice.

Now, I can't stand him. Can't even sit through the Top Ten List anymore.

His time is done.

Yes, really. What Leno did, to Letterman, who basically got him the Tonight Show gig in the first place by having him on the Late Late Show constantly, was reprehensible, imo.

In a general sense, eavesdropping, sneaking around, forcing Carson out, etc., I also find reprehensible behaviour. If you don't know what he did, it's well-documented in a book by Bill Carter called The Late Shift.

I didn't mean it was tweens, I meant yes, America likes Leno. America, in a general sense, enjoys dumb things and has no taste. ;)

So you're chucking stones at people who like a little cheese in a can every now and then, but you're basing your opinion on a one-sided tail you read in a pulp, tell all book?

I noticed you didn't have a rebuttal when I said his top ten weren't funny popcorn::

So you're chucking stones at people who like a little cheese in a can every now and then, but you're basing your opinion on a one-sided tail you read in a pulp, tell all book?

I noticed you didn't have a rebuttal when I said his top ten weren't funny popcorn::

Neither one-sided nor pulp.

On rare occasion something in them is funny. I'd be more than happy for them to cease to exist. So would he; he hates them. Everyone hates them except America, where it became a thing that they must perpetuate.

I'd prefer nightly 'Potatoes or Gavin McLeod,' or 'Will it Float,' or 'Trump or Monkey,' or even a nightly recitation of dog poetry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter