Anyone else annoyed by how often the "parties" are scheduled?

As I said, I should know enough not to write on these threads as things are ALWAYS taken the wrong way.

All I meant is this and I've certainly done my share of complaining on the boards, but it's truly a lose/lose situation.

The best thing is to say, it is what it is right now and what alternatives do I have.

First thing, after looking at your schedule you are doing exactly what I think is perfect for little kids the first time. Go to MK. Wish I could be there to see faces.

Second, there's a little walkway behind the race track, it goes from Toon Town to Space Mountain. Also there are little spots in the areas between the buildings on Main Street. You'll see lots of little nooks and crannies as you walk around if you look for them. I'm sure other people have other ideas because it does come up fairly often. I think just getting them away from the "stimulous", in the shade with a drink or snack really helps.

Like I said, I didn't mean anything "bad", just to take your time and enjoy it. People started in on the money, Disney, etc. and it just goes on until the main point is lost and that is how to solve this problem and have fun!!!

I have to agree with all of the above. I also want to add that a great way to take a break without leaving the park is to ride the train. They don't make you get off anywhere, so you can ride as long as you like. It is a great way to relax and refresh.

Besides, it takes a REALLY long time to leave the park and come back. As long as the weather is not insanely hot, it makes MUCH more sense to just stay, but take a break IN the park. And as the PP said, you'll be ready to leave by 7......

I understand that OP might want to spend all the available time in parks but you can do everything by 7PM. Actually, I would prefer this closing time during summer, at least on some days, would give me freedom of exploring other hotels at night or simply hang out at the hotel pool, I cannot do it with late closing simply because there is no way I miss fireworks. If you go for rope drop, you are done much earlier then 7PM, so I do not really see a problem. As for ticket price, yes you can do US for $99 for a week and Disney will be $250 appr. for the same time, but while you will not explore Disney completely in 7 days, you will be done with US in 2 days, moreover while Disney hotels are affordable(not Deluxe), Universal hotels are pretty expensive and for staying on site, it realy evens the Disney vacation price.

I wish they still did the pirates and princesses party in the spring! I went back and forth because it did seem crazy to me to spend that much to be in the park when we already had tickets - but i was sooooo glad I did - it was definetly the evening with the most "disney magic"
This year we're going in early March and all of the parks close way earlier than we are used to. MK closes at 8 unless there are EMH's so only an hour later than your party nights.
This will be our third trip and it's the first time we are going to try and do afternoon breaks every day. We have never done them and really for the most part it's been fine. This time we have a baby though and as of right now she doesn't nap that well while out and about.
If I were you I would plan to go to MK on a party day and just stay straight through. Maybe just pace yourself and make sure to see some of the shows and have a leisurely lunch. If you want to leave the park maybe schedule a lunch ADR at one of the monorail resorts.

Yes.

I was there for 12 days and there was only one EMH night in MK.
Normally there would be one each week.
Also the park has to close early on the party days so that in a pain.

I'm not willing to fork out extra $ to go to an overcrowded park at night.
Even with the poor sales performance of these parties I heard it was packed solid.

I like the ideas of the parties, but just not so many.
I would like to see the return of the Pirates Party.
I'd just like to see less of the parties and I do not like that it affects EMH nights.

Yes.

I was there for 12 days and there was only one EMH night in MK.
Normally there would be one each week.
Also the park has to close early on the party days so that in a pain.

Even with the poor sales performance of these parties I heard it was packed solid.

I'd imagine this is the reason they're scheduling more of these parties. They are sold out. The demand is high. Disney is a business.

We were at the Mnsshp on October 25, and the parks were not packed. I think it is that Main Street is packed when people are waiting for the first parade to start, but we were able to move around the park very easily.

And isn't what you posted a contradiction? The parks are packed, but the sales performance is poor? How can that be?

Well you can look at the brightside is that if you get there when the park opens on a party day it won't be crowded because either people will aviod the park because of the party and or they will wait to show up until the evening because they are going to the party. Which should make for really short wait times on all the popular attractions. Just remember to get there early.

I am actually thrilled there are so many - there are three scheduled while we are there, so I am hoping to be able to attend one!!! I can plan around the closing time on the other days and just do something else.

THis year, we are going Sunday to a MVMCP then Monday to Hollywood Studios for Osborne Lights, then we're off to Universal for awesome rides and lower crowds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh and FOTL!:thumbsup2

I didn't realize how many nights there are of parties until last Sept 08 when we were trying to figure out when to go to MNSSHP.

It didn't bother us though. We just went to DTD on one party night and went to Epcot WS on another party night. It worked out fine for us.

Tour books suggest taking mid-day breaks etc. How are you supposed to do that when the Merry Christmas Party is every day of your trip except 1, causing the Magic Kingdom to close at 7?

I don't know the ages of your kids, but if they don't absolutely require afternoon naps, you might want to re-think the afternoon break thing at this time of year (since afternoon heat isn't an issue).

We thought we would be taking afternoon breaks for our 4-year-olds, but we discovered that it generally worked better to keep going until they were tired (about 3 or 4 pm) and then call it quits for the day.

When we took afternoon breaks, we felt like we "wasted" a lot of time, getting to the bus, riding the bus, getting to the room, getting back to the bus, riding back to the park, re-entering the park. And also, so much travel time was using up energy rather than renewing it.

We were at the Mnsshp on October 25, and the parks were not packed. I think it is that Main Street is packed when people are waiting for the first parade to start, but we were able to move around the park very easily.

And isn't what you posted a contradiction? The parks are packed, but the sales performance is poor? How can that be?

Tickets seemed to be available day of for the Halloween parties.
In the past I recall them being sold out and having to buy in advance.
I heard many announcements on the bus to MK that tickets were still available.
There were signs everywhere that tickets were available.
They seemed to be pushing the tickets harder than in the past.
When I was leaving the park there were still signs that tickets were available.

Maybe sales were fine, since I do not work for Disney I do not know.
Maybe some were sold out and maybe not.
This is my opinion.

I spoke with others complaining that it was packed when they went and they did not feel it was worth it. YMMV

It is sold as this event where there are limited tickets and the parks will not be packed.
I’ve done them in the past and never found them to be worth it, but I did enjoy them.

Since I did not go this year I do not really know if it was busy or not.
Also people’s ideas of packed are subjective.
I thought the parks where empty when I was there the 12th to the 23rd and heard others complaining (on the DIS) that is was packed.

In the end I do not care if they have a party every night except EMH night.
I do not care if they sell 1 or 1 million tickets.
I don't like the idea of a benefit (EMH) being taken away so they can have a pay event.
If I was only there for a week I would be even more annoyed.
I like EMH nights at MK and that is one reason why you pay to stay on property.

I agree that there does seem to be a lot of parties scheduled for both MNSSHP and MVMCP, however I thought since they have been around for so many years it's become a tradition for WDW to have as many as possible? I will say since they cancelled the Pirates & Princess Parties it does make things better since the Magic Kingdom does not have any 7:00 PM closing times during the spring and summer months.

Do you run an American auto company?
With that thinking you sound like you do.

First, Can you imagine, Ford or GM saying, hey we built the cars, you know when they would come out...now that they are sold out we're not building more? We don't want to sell more! That would mean more money and profits We can't have that!

Second,
Most people don't know the dates. Maybe more than normal people here do. But I'd bet ever here most people here can't name the dates off the top of their head.
But the people here are NOT most people. People here are obsessive about Disney to the last detail. (my self included) But most people who go to Disney's don't spend hours researching everything about their trip.
They book when they can go and discover what's offered then or what the travel agent told them about it.
If anything the people here should have less reason to complain because they do obsess and know more. Including the likely dates of parties and the likelyhood of adding more dates during that time.
Anyone here, if they had a problem with it, falls in the catagory of should have known and planned better if it's a problem for them.

Um no cuz I wouldnt have taken the buy out I would have figured something on my own! And to me this is nothing like that senerio at all.....but hey thanks for thinking I could run a big company like that!

Also most people do plan on the bigger things right away such as the parties and the dates do come out pretty far in advance....and a lot use TA's who should know dates and times and NOT everyone on here is an advid Disneygoer some are newbies trying to find out info...but all that being said...to me once a party is full then its full. JMO Off to tell my DH that someone thinks I could run a multimillion/billion dollar company!!! :rotfl:

Yes, I can go to Universal for $99.00 for the whole week, vs Disney 1 day park is $80.00!

One day at Universal/1 park is $79.88. WDW is $84.14. 7 days at Universal is $108.64 on special right now. 7 days at WDW is $249.21 but there are 4 parks.

One day at Universal/1 park is $79.88. WDW is $84.14. 7 days at Universal is $108.64 on special right now. 7 days at WDW is $249.21 but there are 4 parks.

This is really apples and oranges anyway, IMO.

I really like Universal and in ways it is better than Disney IMO.

In the end though I do not think you can do 7 days at Universal IMO.

After 2 or 3 I have had enough, especially if I have front of the line access.
I can only do MIB by myself so many times in a row.
During the week the park can be a ghost town, it's not a lot of fun.

I did 12 days in Disney and did not find myself bored at all.
There were things I did not even get around to doing and I was there a full 12 days and I've been over 20 times. I even did several 16 hour days.

I feel the 7-10 day ticket is not a bad deal at all, but the AP in another story.
And if Universal could charge as much for a 7 day trust me they would.

Am I happy that Disney chose to raise the price of tickets during a recession.
No, but I do think they are reasonable.

I agree, when you look at the whole experience, Disney is better by far. The only thing universal has on Disney is thrill rides, and if you are spending a week or more at disney, you can do universal in 1 day mid week.

This is really apples and oranges anyway, IMO.

I really like Universal and in ways it is better than Disney IMO.

In the end though I do not think you can do 7 days at Universal IMO.

After 2 or 3 I have had enough, especially if I have front of the line access.
I can only do MIB by myself so many times in a row.
During the week the park can be a ghost town, it's not a lot of fun.

I did 12 days in Disney and did not find myself bored at all.
There were things I did not even get around to doing and I was there a full 12 days and I've been over 20 times. I even did several 16 hour days.

I feel the 7-10 day ticket is not a bad deal at all, but the AP in another story.
And if Universal could charge as much for a 7 day trust me they would.

Am I happy that Disney chose to raise the price of tickets during a recession.
No, but I do think they are reasonable.

ITA, while I keep returning to Disney again and again, I've been at US only 2 times. I cannot imagine the whole week there altough I love US, there simply nothing to do for so long. I know I can do US only trip and save couple of hundreds but this vacation will feel empty and waste of money. When I go to Disney next time however, I will do US for 1 day, b/c of Harry Potter land and therefore I will have to adjust my Disney vacation accordingly to even the price of 1 day US tickets, which is pricy.

Your right we went ot the MNSSHP after a day in the parks. We typically go down for about a week and I was telling DW if we were to do that again we would take a day at the pool after sleeping in late and having a later breakfast and plan for a late night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter