Anyone drive from Orlando to St Peterburg Beach

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by Portugal1000, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Portugal1000

Portugal1000 DIS Veteran

Hoping to stay at the beach for the first time next year for about a week. Will be driving from Bonnet Creek to St Peterburg. Looks pretty easy and no problem getting to I4. Just a bit worried when we get to Tampa, silly question but at that point are there signs for St Petersburg? Dont really want to rely on my husbands map reading skills!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

Not been to St Petes yet, only as far as Clearwater but its only a few miles further.
    I have the Sat Nav switched on but don't need it, its an easy drive with good signs.
    Don't you have a Smart phone? free sat nav apps that work without using data.

4. ford family

ford family DIS Veteran

You will find I4 leads you directly into I275 which you follow south towards St Petersburg. The exits for all of the individual beach communities are well marked. Some of the bridges over to the barrier islands have toll booths.

ford family

5. orangetiggs

orangetiggs Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

I drove there straight after fying in, pouring rain and darkness and found it fine :-)

6. tinkerpea

tinkerpea DIS Veteran

Your so lucky, I've been wanting to get back to st Petes for ages! When I was little a spent 4wks every yr after doing 2 at disney world, did this up till I was 14 ;) then summers became more expensive and I couldn't have 6 wks off school anymore after 8 years old lol.....

7. gavvy

gavvy DIS Veteran

I did it a quite a few years ago using only the directions in the guide that dollar give you - it was very easy.

There was I think one toll on a bridge right before st Pete's beach so keep some change- though that may have changed.

8. rpbert1

rpbert1 DIS Veteran

We have drove it many times and stay there when we are in florida for a week of our hols.Like others said its an easy drive, and the turns for different beach areas is well sign posted. The St petes turn off is just before the Skyway bridge, and there is a toll booth on the road to st petes beach, love the area

9. Ware Bears

Ware Bears Bring me that horizon Moderator

We stayed there for a few days on our second trip and loved it there. Very easy to drive to as well.