anyone done discovery cove???

crabbie1

DIS Veteran
Hi All
Has anyone from the uk been here? Hv read some good things about it and was looking at tickets prices.Mananged to find the ultimate swim package for £159 so this includes 14 days admission to seaworld .aquatica and busch gdns. Looking at DC website us this seems a good deal. Would appreciate any info on this.Are there any photo packages to buy?
thanks in advance

We have done this three times - we LOVE it!! It is expensive, but as long as you make the most of the day you get your money's worth! We always get there before opening and get checked in and then go have the included breakfast while we are waiting for them to open the pools up. As well as breakfast you get lunch and snacks. There is plenty to do as well as your dolphin swim - the lazy river which we spend hours mooching around, the snorkling reef, the sting rays area, rest time on the beach - the day goes quicker than you would imagine! You get 30 minutes with the dolphins and do get plenty of interaction in that time. There are photo and video packages of that time you can buy, and also photographers at other points, such in front of the waterfalls in the lazy river.

What time of year are you going? We have done it twice in June, and it was lovely in the lazy river - like a bath! Last time we went in May and whilst it was OK, it wasn't quite as pleasant (I am an exceptionally chilly person though!!). Its always kept quite cool in the dolphin and reef areas!

Been twice, we have SW AP's so get discounts, 1st time(Oct) we got $100pp discount, 2nd time only $30 discount as it was August, peak time of year.
1st time we all did dolphin swim, didn't like the photos they toom so 2nd time I opted out of dolphin swim to do photograpy & video. I much prefer rest of the park, not too bothered about dolphins.
If you ask DW & DS their top 5 days in Florida I am sure DC would feature.

We have done this three times - we LOVE it!! It is expensive, but as long as you make the most of the day you get your money's worth! We always get there before opening and get checked in and then go have the included breakfast while we are waiting for them to open the pools up. As well as breakfast you get lunch and snacks. There is plenty to do as well as your dolphin swim - the lazy river which we spend hours mooching around, the snorkling reef, the sting rays area, rest time on the beach - the day goes quicker than you would imagine! You get 30 minutes with the dolphins and do get plenty of interaction in that time. There are photo and video packages of that time you can buy, and also photographers at other points, such in front of the waterfalls in the lazy river.

What time of year are you going? We have done it twice in June, and it was lovely in the lazy river - like a bath! Last time we went in May and whilst it was OK, it wasn't quite as pleasant (I am an exceptionally chilly person though!!). Its always kept quite cool in the dolphin and reef areas!
We are going september.The offer of £159 is for the 28th and 29th. Do you think it is a good price both? as other tickets included.

We loved DC, I got the birthday package for DH and it made it so special. It really is a wonderful day and the food was brill too. I think the price you have been quoted is very good especially with 14 days to SW too.

Yes do it, fab price! We went at easter for first time, me, husband and children 8 & 11. I think we paid best part of £800 for the 4 of us & that included 14 day ticket to either seaworld, busch gdns or aquatica. We let children chose and they chose aquatica whic was brill, we went tiwce. We cld have paid a bit more & had 14 day tcts to all 3 but plenty tcts anyway and didnt need any more! The day was fab and went far too quickly. Food was lovely, so was snorkelling & ray pool. As we'd been warned that photos wld be expensive on here we took a tip from here and did our dolphin swim in 2 groups. Dad & son did it while me and daughter videod and photographed from the rocks & then we swapped over. When we booked in and asked for seperate times they knew why & warned us that we wouldnt get good shots but we did. Ok not as good as the official ones but we were more than happy with them.

We have done DC 4 times. For us, best day in Florida, without a doubt.
A day to remember :thumbsup2

Another big thumbs up for DC, been twice and trying to se if I can fit it in this year as a surprise for the family

We are going september.The offer of £159 is for the 28th and 29th. Do you think it is a good price both? as other tickets included.

Hi, Which site is doing this price, is it direct? We are going in October and definitely going to do Discovery Cove for the first time, so would like to see if we could nab a similar deal :)

I took my daughter when she was 6 and the whole day from start to finish was FANTASTIC! Yes it is expensive but if you can stretch to it I would recommend it. The Dolphin swim was great but there are so many other great things about DC that make it a great day out, we loved the sting rays and snorkelling with them and the other fish was a real hit for us. The lunch is out of this world and the staff can't do enough for you. It's also exceptionally clean, my Mother is very critical and she was really blown over by the whole day.
We got some BEAUTIFUL pictures of DD kissing a dolphin, the trainers make a noise and tell you to cup your hands, the dolphin hears the noise and swims up and puts his nose in your hands, they encourage you to kiss him and then the photograper takes a picture. We also got a picture of DD being pulled across the lagoon while holding onto the dolphin's fin, it was fab. Sorry I can't remember any prices but it was a perfect momento of the day and the pics really were special, I remember thinking that the prices for pictures weren't too bad but that varies for everyone I suppose. Tey had different packages to suit most costs.
We are going back to Florida in October 2011 but we wont be going to Discovery Cove as we have stretched our budget to stay at AKL, we agreed that as a family but to be honest if I find a good deal like yours I might book it as a surprise :cool1: We love Seaworld as well :goodvibes

One of our best days ever when we went to Discovery Cove, we absolutely loved it, did the dolphin swim, expensive but hoping to do it again! Food was great, kids didn't want to leave. After a week and a half doing the parks we came out feeling completely relaxed and chilled, still felt like that the next morning - until I accidentally deleted ALL the photos we had taken since we got there! Can't describe the stress levels which followed, but thanks to a trip to the Florida Mall and a photo shop who knew what they were doing we managed to get them all back. Phew! :worship:

As we'd been warned that photos wld be expensive on here we took a tip from here and did our dolphin swim in 2 groups. Dad & son did it while me and daughter videod and photographed from the rocks & then we swapped over. When we booked in and asked for seperate times they knew why & warned us that we wouldnt get good shots but we did. Ok not as good as the official ones but we were more than happy with them.

Sorry for jumping in but we were rthinking of splitting into 2 groups as well, there's 8 of us going (2 Families). Did you manage to get round the sides to get any front views? or were they all from the back?

I can't wait to go back we went 5 yrs ago and had a fab day, just wish it was more than 1 day. Roll on Aug 14th when we go back.

We got our tickets direct from DC themselves then I knew we had got them. Hope you have a fab day, it's well worth all the money

Did you manage to get round the sides to get any front views? or were they all from the back?

On our 1st visit I was disappointed with the photography so 2nd visit I did it myself, I got on the rocks to get a better view.

IMG_2337Medium.jpg

IMG_2350Medium.jpg

IMG_2358Medium.jpg

IMG_2364Medium.jpg

We loved DC when we went, the only reason we didn't do it last time was the cost and time. But would love to do it next time.

It so different to all the other days you'll have it's well worth the money, it's like staying in a top class luxury resort!! The food is really good and you can help yourself to snacks and drinks (inc beers etc) all day long.

We split up into two to help get photos. You can get a good spot to the left of the dolphin bay. That said we also brought the photo package as it was a memory we'd like to see in our photo frames every day!!!

well our phots arent as good as those posted but we were quite happy with them. It was initially tricky to guage where the spectators should stand and my husband and son wer ein totally the wrong sport but the 'trainer' with us spotted them and told them where to stand to get better pics whihc I thought was relly nice of him.

Thanku all so much for the advice.It has convinced me to do it especially as all the other parks are included in the offer. I dnt know if it was floridatix or florida attractions I looked.Saved on my other comp so will have a look and post.Slightly cheaper than travel republic. so excited.Boyfriend booked penguin encounter on my birthday then will be doing this 2 days later:cool1:Daughter really excited:lovestruc

Just to let you know, attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk you can pay 20% and pay the balance 6 weeks before the holiday and they book the date for you.

I am doing this for 9th September and you can pay any outstanding monies when you like until the balance is paid. No extra cost and in fact cheaper for us as we are doing the ultimate ticket:thumbsup2

Just to let you know, attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk you can pay 20% and pay the balance 6 weeks before the holiday and they book the date for you.

I am doing this for 9th September and you can pay any outstanding monies when you like until the balance is paid. No extra cost and in fact cheaper for us as we are doing the ultimate ticket:thumbsup2

Thanks will take a look.xx:cool1::thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter