Anyone dieting for something special at the end of June?

Can I join too?

We are going on first cruise June 25 and I would love to lose 15 pounds by then. I have been following BFL since Feb. The weight is coming off slowly this time but at least the numbers on the scale are going down. I lost 15 pounds so far. :)

So far so good today. :thumbsup2 Yesterday I did great except for 20 mini Whopper eggs from DS's Easter basket... :rolleyes1 But at least I counted them out! Before I would have eaten half the little container and called it a day. Baby steps, baby steps!

I am off to the gym to do weights and elliptical. I got in my usual lunchtime walk, so I will get in 100 minutes of exercise today! :cheer2:

Welcome Tae... :wave2: Congrats on the 15 pds :yay:

lovinaz: wtg on the exercise.... :goodvibes

I just got back from a 40 min walk....could have gone further but DH's leg was sore. I had a good food day......no bad stuff :angel:

Off to finish cleaning up before bed. I am going to try and get some bike time in before work in the morning....that will mean getting up early.....yikes.....

Well hope you all had a great day.

Kim

good evening summer weight loss friends, i looked for an exhausted smiley and didn't see one so how about :upsidedow -- that's a bit how i'm feeling. i'm frazzled out! thankfully i'm tucked in my jammies and ready to clap my light off......ahhh the good life ::yes::

anyhow -- made it through day 3, had to recharge with a leaded diet coke this afternoon but amazing how starting so early with exercise didn't leave me exhausted all day

sara -- you party: i'm all patting myself on my back for getting up at 5:40ish for a class today and you have been up for an hour most days! wowsa! what i remember about BFL is eating more protein and having good muscle tone for it -- does the women's one encourage a protein shake after a workout?

:welcome: tae! of course you can join the more the merrier! your first :sail: what a great motivator!! DCL? and any diet coke fan is a friend of mine :drinking1

lovinaz -- i'm impressed that you planned/counted your mini whoppers -- whew i'm telling ya. i have a few mini cadbury eggs left from MY easter basket, my one easter indulgence and no one else here eats them. i'm sure i'll be using some flex pts for them, but i hope to get through a week or so and see a lose first! 100 mins of exercising is fantastic!

kim -- glad you made it through the day without 'bad stuff' -- now did you get in some 'good stuff' too? protein my dear??

i went on a 2.5 leisure walk with my neighbor tonight -- got home and was h u n g r y from the walk plus eating dinner early. decided NOT to eat, didn't want to add those points in or let myself down so early in my quest here with everyone! thanks! just the notion of this kept me on the straight and narrow! but i'm turning in, may take a rest day tomorrow, i'll see in the morning

ohMom said:
does the women's one encourage a protein shake after a

Honestly, I haven't read the workout section because I normally am always training for a marathon or 1/2 marathon and have lifted weights seriously for years. I have loads of muscle. If I could just lose the extra flab over it, that would be fantastic!! :sunny: I will check it out for you though. I do normally eat a protein/carb mix after a weight training session.

Tae1218: Welcome!! Glad to hear BFL is working for you. I am hoping it'll be my magic bullet also.

Kim - WTG on the walking and the good food choices.

lovinaz - I totally agree on the baby steps. I wear a "SmallSteps" bracelet at all times and I truly think that is the key.

I am really gaining momentum as far as adapting the BFL plan into my lifestyle and feeling great about it. I ran 3 miles this morning, will be lifting weights during lunch and will go for another short run after work. Since I do workout so much, controlling my appetite is my biggest obstacle. The increased protein really has been helping keeping the blood sugar levels stable and consequently the cravings at bay.

Best of luck to everyone today :woohoo:

Hey everyone...sorry checking in so late...just crazy at work so only time for a quick checkin'

Hope you are all having a great day!!!!! Sounds like we are a very motivated bunch!!!!! :grouphug:

I am doing good.....Molli got some protien in.....chicken sandwich at subway for lunch. Also cut up 3 egg whites and put them in my oatmeal this morning.....wow protien overload....for me anyways.... :teeth: Not sure what I am having for dinner.

I have a appointment with a dietician on Monday...I am so looking forward to this. I will let you know what they tell me

Boss is walking my way....gotta go. :moped: I will check in tonight.

Kim

Hello all, I just wanted to check in and let you guys know how I have been doing. I have been kicking butt in cardio...Monday I went for a 7 mile walk, Tuesday I went 3 miles, Wednesday I went 4 miles, and today I went 5 miles. My weakness is light ice cream, especially because of the warmer weather I have been craving it, but I have been working it in my points, so I guess that is ok.

Everyone is doing a great job!!!

msblrobs...I am training for the MINNIE marathon, and I want to run so bad(WOW I never in a million years thought I would say that!!), but I cannot seem to be able to run for more than a minute straight without being totally winded...do you have any tips or suggestions on how to be able to run longer??? I do have exercise induced asmatha, but I even tried taking my inhaler before running, and it still doesn't help.

Wow Kim, egg whites in your oatmeal? How did that taste?? I am hooked on the Chocolate Oatmeal recipe from the Eating for Life cookbook. It is oatmeal, chocolate protein powder and 1tbsp of peanut butter. Quick and easy and it has protein and a healthy carb combined.

msblrobs, I really like the BFL way of eating. I used to be a binge snacker but since I started eating 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day (starting Jan 1 this year), it has really curbed that problem. I just do my own thing for exercise, try to watch my portions and see what happens!

How is everyone else doing today? Great I hope! :banana:

Amy

disneyfanz04 said:
msblrobs...I am training for the MINNIE marathon, and I want to run so bad(WOW I never in a million years thought I would say that!!), but I cannot seem to be able to run for more than a minute straight without being totally winded...do you have any tips or suggestions on how to be able to run longer??? I do have exercise induced asmatha, but I even tried taking my inhaler before running, and it still doesn't help.
First off, :rotfl2: about the light ice cream!! Ice cream is a huge issue for me also.

So excited to hear you're going to walk/run the Minnie with us. Have you checked in over on the Events/Competition thread, as we have a thread for the Minnie going on over there. As far as building endurance, it really just takes time to build up a base. It looks like you're definitely putting in some miles :woohoo: I have been a recreational runner for years but I only train for races at Disney since I really don't enjoy racing. Best of luck in your training and I'll see you real soon!!

Hi All:

It's Donna just checking in. This has been a tough week for me. Three of the five nights this week I have to go to dinner for work related events. This really cuts into my exercising time! The good news is I passed up the dessert all three nights (except for one bite of cheesecake ;).

I don't have to work tomorrow so I plan to get out and walk three days in a row.

Good luck everybody.

good evening friends -- day 4 down for me and honestly it's been awhile since i journaled 4 consequtive days -- must be why my clothes are all too tight :lmao: can i just say i was at church baking cookies and not a ONE passed through my lips :smokin: hey, it adds up the good and the ugly

i didnt' workout today, except for stress and running like crazy. i will get up tomorrow and do my 5 mile WATP for sure. i'm stressing as my big fundraiser i'm on the planning team for is saturday -- so i may be scarce until afterwards. sunday i'll be at a dog show all day with DD but i will pack my cooler, yukky fried food wont' tempt me no way

kim -- cyber high five on being conscious of your protein today! LOL how did your oatmeal taste? could you taste them? i like HB egg whites so i just eat them, you must not like them? just 2-3 bites and they're gone, not much of a taste. and i think i fibbed b/c 1/2 cup egg beaters is only 1 pt -- had that for my brekkie today. :teeth: hope you didnt' get in trouble squeezing some dis time in at work :bitelip:

disneyfanz -- i'm very impressed with all your walking this week! now remind me, how far is the Minnie? 17 days, what's that date? how fun! wish i could be there -- but someone mentioned 2007 -- i'm registered for that!

lovinaz -- can you post your favorite choc/oatmeal/peanut butter recipe? that sounds like a combo for me :lovestruc

donna -- well i'm proud of you for foregoing an entire dessert - one bite of cheesecake would've done me in and i'd be eating it all and my husbands :thumbsup2 and even better to have your walks planned, that is key for me then i just do it without thinking it over

well i'm whipped again -- PD and cyber empowerment to everyone! think of how GREAT it will feel to have another day under our belt on target for our June goal :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Glad everyone's doing well - good to see the motivation :cheer2:
I couldnt get myself to stop at Curves on the way home yesterday - weather was just too nice. I work indoors 930-5 M-F. Of course the weather is nice through the wk and cold/wet on the wknds - typical spring.
After I came home from work, watched 30mins tv I did get outside for a 30min walk. So the exercise was just a little different but I still put in my time.
Todays Friday - I dont usually stop at Curves on Fridays but I will give it a try today. I like to at least go 3x's/wk - at the beginning of each wk I'll give myself off the night of the best day to take a walk after work instead. If its planned there's more of a chance to get it done.
Have a good day everyone

Good Morning everyone..... :sunny:

Disney: Excellent job on the exercise and good luck with the Minnie. I am doing the 1/2 in January....very exciting. :cheer2:

Amy: I actually like egg whites...but the combo in my oatmeal tastes great. I have a neighbour who scrammbles them and puts them in her oatmeal but I prefer just the HB eggs. :thumbsup2

Donna: WTG on passing up on dessert. We had a birthday in the office yesterday and it was cheesecake as well....and not a bite. :woohoo: we have another one today but I think it is a lite dessert so I might have a few bites.

Molli: WTG on passing on the cookies :hippie: great willpower. Nope boss didn't catch me I have a office with a big window so I can see him coming and have time to get out.. :surfweb:

New: It is hard to go inside to exercise when it is so nice out. Walking is great exercise. :moped:

Well did good yesterday, this thread is great motivation...I don't want to have to come on and tell you all I binged all day. Food choices where good. I even had fish for dinner :smokin: . DH and I went for another 40 min walk last night feels good.

Does everyone have a different weight in day??? Do we want to pick a day that we all weight in or just do it separtly?? Doesn't matter to me, I weight myself daily so I can post losses or ....no or :teeth: any day.

Hope you all have a good one, gotta go get ready for work.

Kim

Hockeychic said:
Good Morning everyone..... :sunny:

Disney: Excellent job on the exercise and good luck with the Minnie. I am doing the 1/2 in January....very exciting. :cheer2:

Does everyone have a different weight in day??? Do we want to pick a day that we all weight in or just do it separtly?? Doesn't matter to me, I weight myself daily so I can post losses or ....no or :teeth: any day.

Hope you all have a good one, gotta go get ready for work.

Kim

Kim...I am thinking of doing the full marathon...I want a mickey metal to go with my Minnie...LOL...but I want to see how the Minnie goes first. Anyway, I weigh in on Saturday mornings at WW so I will post then.

ohmom said:
disneyfanz -- i'm very impressed with all your walking this week! now remind me, how far is the Minnie? 17 days, what's that date? how fun! wish i could be there -- but someone mentioned 2007 -- i'm registered for that!

The Minnie is 15k which I believe is 9.3 miles. As I said above, I want to do the full in January, but want to see how I do for the Minnie first. At first I hated the walking, but now I use it as time for myself...I go down to the park and they have a mile track, so I walk that while the kids play on the playground. It is really nice. Last night it was so beautiful that I went for another walk around my block...it is not even a mile, but it was nice!!!

Hope everyone has a good day today!!! :thumbsup2

disneyfanz04 said:
I am thinking of doing the full marathon...I want a mickey metal to go with my Minnie...LOL...but I want to see how the Minnie goes first.

Oh I really hope you decide to do the marathon in '07. It is THE best time!! There are so many WISH'ers there to lend tons of support. I am baically a loner IRL, but I love, love, love the WISH chicks!! They truly rock.

Kim - I weigh myself daily. I don't know if that's a good thing, but I have always done it that way.

Julylady- WTG on passing up the desserts!!

Today is a rest day for me, in anticipation of my 9-mile long run tomorrow.
Loving the BFL plan and feeling great. Going to give blood at lunch today.

Best of luck to everyone on making good choices this weekend :cool1:

Wow, everyone is doing great! I did pretty good last night - I was really hunting for some junk to eat and I actually had 3 mini Whopper eggs in my hand and I put them back!!! :cheer2: For all of you cheesecake resisters, HOW DO YOU DO IT?!?!?!??!?!? :worship: :worship: That is my #1 all-time fave dessert and there is NO WAY I could avoid it or eat just one bite. Hats off to you! :thumbsup2

Chocolate Oatmeal:
Mix 1/3c oatmeal (I use Quaker 1-minute); 1/2c water; 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I get the Hi-Health brand) and microwave for 1.5-2 minutes. Then stir in 1tbsp peanut butter, Splenda to taste (I don't use any) and pour on 1/2c skim milk. I love the stuff! :cloud9:

Amy

I just wanted to check in real quick...I walked 4 miles again this morning, hopefully far enough to wlk off that darn light ice cream I ate last night...I guess we will see tomorrow, as I weigh in on Saturdays. I hope everyone has a good weekend!!! :thumbsup2

Can I join late? Dh and I are going to Hawaii at the end of June and I would really like to lose 10-15 pounds before then. I'm not doing any sort of diet just trying to watch what I eat, which has not been good at all this week, and exercising.

Looking forward to losing weight with you girls!

Amy

Welcome Amy

Disneyfanz - where do you go to walk 4 miles? Thats about little over an hour? Do you go alone? is it a circuit or down & back? Im thinking I need to get a second route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter