Anyone charge an add-on to AMEX?

DisneyHumbug

DIS Veteran
In Feb. I added on at BCV and gave them my AMEX card. My papers say $ due 3/6, but DVC hasn't charged my AMEX yet! Is this normal?

We put our down payment on our AMEX and they charged it within a week. I'm not sure about an add on though, maybe they do that differently?

Sorry I'm not much help! :)

I spoke to my guide and added-on two weeks ago (but at VWL, not BCV - would that make a difference because of the closing dates?).

My documents arrived by FedEx this morning, and inside is the receipt for my VISA payment. I haven't received my VISA statement for this month yet to check it's gone through, but as I have the receipt I'm sure it has.

I also don't know whether AMEX payments are any different to VISA payments for this kind of thing, but hope this information might help you.

I did the same and my guide had not run the charge through yet. If they are busy it may take them some time to charge it. The later the better I always say. I hope you are in the Membership Rewards Program.

Give a call early next week if you haven't seen the charge go through.

I did charge my add-on with Amex and I had the choice of charging through the amount that day, or they would charge through the amount on the date due. Since it really didn't matter to me, since the money would be due the same month, I just had them charge it through immediately. Maybe they are waiting until the due date to charge through your balance.

I charged BCV add-on last month and my guide asked what day I wanted to put it through (within the contract terms.) My statement showed it posted on the right day.

Sgtpet - yes, I am in the membership rewards program!! I guess they are just busy......maybe they can wait for the market to go back up. LOL

We charge the whole purchase on Amex. Our guide even offered to split the payment into two billing periods! The charge went through after our closing date, but it wasn't a problem, as long as they have the Amex its up to them to put the charge through. As for the rewards program, Bloomburg had a commercial stating that Amex was doubleing the points for a certain time period. We never saw anything in writing, and initially we didn't get the double points. I called Amex who knew nothing about it but agreed to investigate and low and behold, they doubled the points!! It never hurts to ask.

We put our VB add-on on our Continental Mastercard for Frequent Flyer miles, we did it over the phone. It was posted to our credit card acct 2 days later. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter