Anyone buy/Collect Disney Art?

bugzy

Earning My Ears
Me and the wife just walked into Wyland Galleries today at the boardwalk. Long story short we walked out with a Rodel Gonzalez painting that was stunning beautiful of Beauty and the Beast. Apparently it is really new and there will only be 10 made. The gallery will get the artist to add in a "personal touch" for us which is kind of cool we thought! Anyone else collect Disney art?

No but I collect the bronze frogs that are carried at Wyland galleries. I've bought 4 of my collection while at WDW. I started my collection long before I knew they could be found at WDW.

I collect pre-production sketches as it is a more affordable way to own actual edition of one pieces from the actual films or tv shows.

I collect Disney License Plates. My 4 favorites are the pre-park opening ones-I even have an original one from the Disney "Welcome Center", the first building on
the property to open to the public (Now the AAU headquarters near Downtown Disney). There are hundreds of different designs out there.

My wife and I have several Larry Dotson prints throughout our house. We just bought one of the Haunted Mansion ball room last week when we were there. Mr. Dotson has always been there when we have purchased a print so we always get him to sign them for us. My wife begged him for quite a while to do one of the Boardwalk since that is our favorite. When he finally released it a few years ago we bought one and took it up to the club level lounge and had all the CM's sign it as well. We also have several of the attraction posters hanging in our basement/rec room.

No, but I just sighed in resignation. My wife and I look longingly at the cuckoo clocks in Germany every time...so we'll eventually get one of those. Or twelve. And on our first Disney Cruise, we were enamored with the gallery there. We'd play a game called "Pick your favorite in each room" followed by the game "Let me hide your wallet."

When our new house is built, no doubt it will be covered in Disney gear.

I collect Attraction Posters. We have them framed and hanging in out "Disney Room" downstairs

I just bought my first Larry Dotson print last month, and I see many more in my future.

Everything from original cel's to limited edition's to sericel's and a few giclee's.
But very little in the past 8 or so years since Disney stopped selling cel's and sericels except for the ones at now Disney studios that lately are not very good. On a rare occasion on EBAY when someone is selling someting that I have been looking for that is not a dealer as a lot on EBAY are fake. Check out disneyana-exchange fill in the rest they are pricey sometimes but there is 0 risk.

Anthony1971 said:
Everything from original cel's to limited edition's to sericel's and a few giclee's.
But very little in the past 8 or so years since Disney stopped selling cel's and sericels except for the ones at now Disney studios that lately are not very good. On a rare occasion on EBAY when someone is selling someting that I have been looking for that is not a dealer as a lot on EBAY are fake. Check out disneyana-exchange fill in the rest they are pricey sometimes but there is 0 risk.

I'd like to find awesome cheap Disney art to collect. I am obsessed with Thomas Kinkade work. So expensive

I'd like to find awesome cheap Disney art to collect. I am obsessed with Thomas Kinkade work. So expensive

My 16th wedding Anniversary is tomorrow and while on vacation Hubby just bought me 8 of the 12 Thomas Kinkade canvas Disney wraps! Love them!

I have a Limited Edition Larry Nikolai giclee print of the Little Mermaid. It's called 'Longing to Dance'. Larry's work is absolutely gorgeous.

I also collect Spanish porcelain figurines by NAO. I purchased a Belle and a Snow White from Downtown Disney in WDW. I'm not a huge fan of figurines and sculpture work in general, as I am a painter but this Disney work is exquisite. You should check out their stuff :goodvibes

so far, just one of the OKW prints i got at the gift shop there. (some other displayables, but that's the only art/print).

i have been tempted by the chinese fakes on ebay...not sure what the quality would be like, though... :)

Me and the wife just walked into Wyland Galleries today at the boardwalk. Long story short we walked out with a Rodel Gonzalez painting that was stunning beautiful of Beauty and the Beast. Apparently it is really new and there will only be 10 made. The gallery will get the artist to add in a "personal touch" for us which is kind of cool we thought! Anyone else collect Disney art?

not Disney but we do have an extensive collection of Chuck Jones stuff. Several Marvin items( DH is a big fan) a Bill Melendez or two and oh yeah a Theodore Geisl. My Pencil sketch entitled "Who Hug is signed by the actress behind Ciindy Lou Who.

I also have an original John Alvin. it is a pencil sketch of what eventually became the European Release Promo poster for Aladdin. we bought it just before he died. it has appreciated in value tremendously

my wife purchased the entire Maggy Parr series of "old classics" -- i choked at the price, but they certainly do make our entry hall very classy :)

She also buys the "Big Figs" and and the statuettes/casts -- and etched glass prints --

Last year we had issues crossing the border with all the art -- it needed to be reviewed and cataloged by Canada customs.

We have quite a bit of Disney artwork. Most of it is by Larry Dotson. I think we have all of his Haunted Mansion pieces and his Animal Kingdom Lodge pieces. We also have a few other Haunted Mansion prints, a print of Saratoga Springs Resort, a cel of Jack Skellington that we had made for us, some Disney holiday work, and others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Hubby and I started collecting Disney art on our trip last year. Art pieces were actually the majority of the souvenirs that we brought home..LOL. We were able to meet Greg McCoullough, who as far as I know is a pretty popular Disney illustrator. He ended up signing 2 prints for us - One is an amazing drawing of Donald Duck as "bobafett" and the other is of Donald, goofy and pluto as the three hitchhikers from the Haunted mansion. It was rumored that he was going to do a companion piece of Scrooge McDuck as "jangofett", so we're hoping to snatch that up this year.

We also picked up a gorgeous print of the little mermaid at the art store in Downtown Disney...it's hanging in our entryway and I love looking at it everytime I come in the door!

We also have a few Thomas Kincaid prints as I'm a very big fan of his work.

Lastly, my husband took a few stills from Beauty and the Beast (my fave) and did a paint over on them. One of the pictures is of the mural but my husband changed the appearance of prince and belle to match our looks from our wedding....it was super sweet!!

So yeah, apparently I am very passionate about my Disney art...LOL :artist:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter