Anyone buy a Rolex at Kirk's in Grand Cayman?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by diznycrzy622, Jun 14, 2004.

1. diznycrzy622

diznycrzy622 Earning My Ears

I would like to buy my husband a Rolex for our anniversary. I've priced the watch he like here in Ohio. Was wondering if there is any "significant savings" in Grand Cayman? Is Kirk's Jeweler's the only authorized dealer on the island? Thank You for your input!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cooltrainer

Cooltrainer Earning My Ears

We looked at them in both Grand Cayman and Cozumel. My husband already has one.. I bought it for him last year for our 20th anniversary. I would recommend you buy in Cozumel. Grand Cayman is very expensive and they weren't willing to barter like they were in Mexico. You can save some.... but not a real lot. If you don't claim it...you'll save on tax, but other than that... maybe a few hundred dollars.

But this would be my concern. What if something breaks and it needs service... then you have to go directly to the manufacturer. Where I bought my husbands... he can bring it in for service or cleaning at any time... just something to think about! :wave2:

4. KaitlinsMom

KaitlinsMom DIS Veteran

My husband bought one in Grand Cayman - Saved a lot of money on the style decided on - Not sure which store, I do know that it was a cruise recommended store - If you would like, I can find the details out for you (he's at work)

Karen

5. Grumbo

Grumbo DIS Veteran

I found if you looked for the seconds (The ones they've misspelt the name "Rollex") you can save lots of money. Usually in the marketplaces. Guess it must be the low overhead ;)

Cheers,
    Grumbo

6. randytenn

randytenn Non-Recovering Disneyholic

I got me a nice one, made by the people who make replacement windows.

It's a lovely Rolox!

And the crystal tilts out for easy cleaning!:hyper:

7. BMURPHY02

BMURPHY02 Mouseketeer

what is the going rate for a rolex in grandcaymans / cozumel

8. Lew

Lew DIS Veteran

Don't be fooled into thinking a Rolex with a misspelled name is the real thing. These are just cheap knock-offs that can be purchased on the streets of New York for $20.

9. KaitlinsMom

KaitlinsMom DIS Veteran

Lew - I was thinking the same thing - You can get those in LA too! - Same price $20-30 -

10. Niagara2

Niagara2 Guest

We bought DH one for 10 year anniv in St. Martan. Rolex lets them discount 15 - 20 percent off and then you save on sales tax. You save approximatly 25% buying duty free in carribean.

11. sweetpea3470

sweetpea3470 Mouseketeer

DO THEY ALSO SELL OTHER EXPENSIVE WATCHES (GUCCI ETC..)

12. diznycrzy622

diznycrzy622 Earning My Ears

Thank you for all your replies. We can't wait to price the watch he likes (stainless & gold) to see if there is a savings. I'm just a little nervous buying out of the country, if there is a service problem. Does anyone know of the authorized Rolex dealer in Cozumel? Thanks Again!!!!

13. Niagara2

Niagara2 Guest

I would be weary of buying one in Cozumel! Maybe if it is a ship preferred store, only then. My DH is the Stainless and 18K gold. You can get the face in different colors and material. Also you can get the numbers in different styles. Do your homework and you can get a great watch.