Anyone booked a UK hotel to sleep in the day?

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by RobinHood's merrymen, Nov 17, 2009.

1. RobinHood's merrymen

RobinHood's merrymen Mouseketeer

Apr 9, 2007
    We are landing at Gatwick at about 9AM after being up over 24 hours and then a 3 hour drive home. The last time we did this we were coming home from our honeymoon and I nearly fell asleep at the wheel :scared1::scared1::scared1:
    Now with 2 DDs I will not be so mad!! Do hotels allow you to check in during the day for a kip? Was thinking something like a Premier Lodge or similar.
  2. mikki.young

mikki.young Knows Dreams do come true!

Aug 11, 2000
    The gatwick hilton does it but it is pricy (they have specific day rates). I did it at a travelodge but it is outside of their rules and I had to book 2 nights and have the worry of whether the room would actually be available. It worked out in the end and it was cheaper but I don't think I would do it again.
  3. Becx N Gav

Becx N Gav DIS Veteran

Nov 21, 2007
    Have you looked at Yotel? I know they allow you to book a 'room' (they're not like a normal hotel - have a look at the site) for a certain number of hours. We have never tried it but I might look into it for the night before our flight next year.
  4. Neoshoegal

Neoshoegal would rather be in Walt Disney World

May 19, 2005
    Another vote for Yotel. We spent the night there before our flight and would really recommend it.
    You do need to book for a minimum of 4 hours. But getting a shower and taking a nap before driving home is so worth it!