Anyone booked a dummy cruise for 4 lately?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by kuhltiffany, Oct 12, 2013.

1. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

Yes, the above is incorrect. That is what was released by some TAs before the policy went into effect. I posted the wording directly from the booklet that DCL has at the desk and this thread has experience of someone who was able to do this right after I returned from the MV and asked that it be corrected, but it was never changed. There are many posts on the boards where someone has booked for people not on the cruise with them. This would work well for a family group cruise if you already have a dummy date you moved to a cruise and have more family who would like to go. On another cruise you can book two more staterooms for that same date so they can join you.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2910556

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BibiSmart

BibiSmart Earning My Ears

I reserved a dummy date last month for $90 for 2 people that I know are sailing. As long as one is sailing I was told you can add and change prior to paying in full.

I had asked for a dummy date out of PC but was given a 4-day of Miami in 12/14.

4. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

Thanks. Excellent. Got it. :thumbsup2

5. sullins5

sullins5 alias the 'disneychick'

Another question along the same lines? Just booked 2 cabins (dummy), but he didn't tell me or ask who was going on the cruise. Put myself and a dd in one, and my dh and differing dd in the other. Will it be a problem if I want to add or take away someone? I didn't know you had to be precise with who was going, and since he never asked WHO was cruising, I was surprised when I saw our confirmation. Any advice here? We really don't know who will be cruising next time...

6. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

As long as at least one person on each original reservation goes, you are fine. So if you and DH goes with another family just book them between the two rooms and get your KTTW cards straightened out onboard. The only thing is that when you add someone to the rooms they will be at the current rate, not when you booked. So if you want to add people now, do so. You can always change the names of the others on the reservation [except for the one original] up to 30 days before the cruise for no charge, then $50 after that.

7. sullins5

sullins5 alias the 'disneychick'

Thanks so much for this!:thumbsup2 Called and spoke to a great cm who walked me through it all!:)