Anyone been to Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve?

Hi Ed J

We stayed at the Marriott Lakeshore Reserve last Nov. 7-14. We traded our interval ownership in Captiva to spend a week up in Orlando. We had a 3 bedroom, 2 story townhouse that was more than enough space for us !
The resort had a lazy river pool (was very lazy not forceful at all), a zero entry area, hot tub and a slide. Was beautifully landscaped and had plenty of chaise lounges available. We brought our own tubes with us for the lazy river pool but you can purchase them at the store there.
It is an easy walk over to the JW Marriott and the Ritz Carlton. We walked over a few times and used the pool at the JW. They had a cool lazy river pool and their pool (s) were gigantic and really fun ! It's nice to be able to utilize the facilities at the other resorts that are just a short walk away !

There are a lot of restaurants close by and Sea World is down the street but you WILL need a car if you stay at this resort --as there is not much within walking distance !

If you have any questions--just let me know !

Jean

PS--I used to live at the Beach in NJ too !!!

Wow, thanks Jean just the kind of info I was looking for.

We have stayed in the area so we are sorta familiar with what is in the area and will have a car, so we have that covered. But I am very curious about using the JW & Ritz amenities. Can you just walk up and jump in the pool at the JW or do you have to show some sort of proof your staying at the adjoining property? What about towels, do you bring them from the pool at the lake shore, or do they have them pool side at the JW & the Ritz?

Like you we traded in through II, we have a 2 bedroom, so we traded for a 2 bedroom. I have looked at google maps of the property and it doesn't look like there is a bad building to pick, but if you know of a building to recommend, I'm all ears :goodvibes.

We just walked over to the JW and Ritz and they provided the towels at each pool ! Never had to show our room keys either. Each of those pools had food and beverage servers walking around the pool areas and also poolside restaurants. You had changing priviliges back to the Lakeshore Reserve so you never had to carry cash with you.
I just looked at google maps --we stayed in the (low) building, far left on the map right in front of the lake. The taller building next to ours was next to the dirt lot and the tennis courts. We liked that location since it was far from the road (see the buildings on the other side (right ) of the pool ) and was quiet. Plus, the walkway to the other properties was over by our townhouse. All buildings are close to the pool but some sit right next to it. It's just a matter of choice where you want to be (although we had NO choice at checkin nor did we request a certain location). It wasn't very crowded when we were there in Nov.-- it was a perfect time to be there !

If you look in front of our building, you will see a walkway leading to an area with gas grills and tables and if you continue ahead it then leads you to the parking area.

Hope that helps but if you need any more info---just ask !!!

Jean

I just posted a new thread with the same question! So sorry to repeat.

Anyway, did you find the resort too big?

My kids often go on their own(ages 16, 14 and 13) to the kids club area with game room and basketball and ping pong etc. I assume they have alot of those activities?

Generally, JW/Ritz does not check ID's except on certain weekends/holidays i.e. Memorial/Labor Day, 4th of July etc. We've never stayed at Lakeshore Reserve, but frequent the JW and Ritz often and love the grounds, golf course, etc.

Is there a bathtub in the room / It shows a shower but I don't see any picture of a tub
thanks

What kind of floor plan do the rooms have-what I mean is when I stay at Marriott Cypress Harnour the second bedroom has a full and a pullout which can be a little tight. Other resorts have 2nd bedrooms that are much larger with 2 queen size beds. We may wan to invite my BIL ro join us and just want to see what thw fit would be

thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter