Anyone been to bluezoo recently? Best thing you've eaten there?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by PracPerfPatricia, Sep 23, 2012.

1. PracPerfPatricia

PracPerfPatricia DIS Veteran

WOW... I've been off the boards for 3-4 days and I come back to find all of these awesome responses... Thanks everyone for taking the time...:goodvibes ...and photos too... :worship: There fabulous... thank you so much... :) I'm really looking forward to this meal...

With a couple of small exceptions it seems like it would be hard to go wrong with much here... I'll do a food review...:lmao: hopefully it will help someone else going forward...

Hmm... not much to worry about now other than wondering to stick with wine or break out and have a pre dinner cocktail...:scratchin if they make anything worth it... ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bubblefactory

bubblefactory DIS Veteran

Yin and Yang Cosmo maybe ?

[​IMG]

or the Zooberry ?

[​IMG]

or Burnt Orange :)

[​IMG]

4. I loveStitchnippyjon

I loveStitchnippyjon DIS Veteran

Mmmmmm....the best cocktails!:cool1:
    Never had an entree at BlueZoo we didn't swoon over. Last trip (11 months ago!) I don't remember which yummy entree I had, but the side was homemade tiny squash ravioli. So delicious I asked for a pasta maker for Christmas so I could try to duplicate them!

5. EvilQueenT

EvilQueenT DIS Veteran

the chefs tasting menu looks incredible...my stomach is growling looking at the pics.

6. OKWAnneMarie

OKWAnneMarie DIS Veteran

What is Magical Dining Month, may I ask?

7. disneydom

disneydom Mouseketeer

Wow everything looks great ...and we have reservations in Nov. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. UberClaire

UberClaire Earning My Ears

Crap, that was something I was looking forward to.

9. Redbudlover

Redbudlover DIS Veteran

Cocktails? Cocktails? One of their bartenders - I forget her name - won the disney wide cocktail contest with her cocktail - which I have every time I go there but have not ever known its name.... LOL! Just ask for the prize winning cocktail made by their female bartender... I usually just have wine but this cocktail is amazing!

I love their tuna tartare and also their swordfish and their scallops. The Flying Fish use to be my favorite WDW restaurant, but BlueZoo is even better. It is hands down the best restaurant I have ever been to and I am a foodie. The reason you don't see many reviews is that it is pricey - and pricey for kids too. I take my dgd6 to "fancy" restaurants all the time, but wouldn't take her here. It is not a kids restaurant. One tip, though, take a heavy sweater with you. for some reason the place occasionally is just frigid!

10. PracPerfPatricia

PracPerfPatricia DIS Veteran

Ok... thinking a cocktail before dinner is a must too:thumbsup2

Thanks...Just keeps getting better...:goodvibes

11. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Just got off the Fantasy, but wanted to explain:
    Orlando area restaurants promote Magical Dining month (September) to compete with Disney's free dining plan. We ate at bluezoo and Fleming's and had excellent meals!
    http://www.visitorlando.com/magicaldining/

12. BGK

BGK Mouseketeer

For what it's worth, the crab nachos were on at least the bar menu as of September 10th, when I was last there. I was there with a friend and we were working our way through the drink menu when a couple next to us ordered them. I rarely comment on the size of a dish, but these really were almost a full meal for two. Unlike most Brobdingnagian dishes, though, these were worth eating. All the flavors popped and stayed distinct, instead of glopping together like most nacho plates, and the chips stayed crisp even on the bottom. I've also never seen that much crabmeat in one dish before.

The Magical Dining Month menu at bluezoo is a steal, and I'm planning on going twice next year.