Anyone been blessed with free upgrade lately?

We were there in Sept. during free dining and had booked 5 nights at POR. When I went to check-in and after speaking with my DD11, the CM told me that we had been selected to upgrade to SSR. Well, we don't really like that resort 'cause there's no Disney theming there. They picked up on our hesitation and then, after going to the back to speak with the powers-that-be, told us we could stay at ANY deluxe resort of our choice at no extra charge!! :yay: I chose the CR and we got an AWESOME room (5150) in the Garden Wing. It's located at the end of the building and our car was parked just around the corner! This was the view we had. For a bit of perspective, the WL is located just beyond the trees.

ContemporaryRoom5150009-12.jpg

I was upgraded the first week of September at the WL. I booked a standard view and was upgraded to courtyard view :) The views were spectacular and my room fell just right so that I could see the high fireworks each night :)

:) :) I called and booked a standard view room and got a call back a few minutes after I hung up for a little less money got a courtyard room, so I was pleastly surprised. :)

Just back late last night and were bumped up ( again) from gv at GF to lagoon view (view of Poly, beach and wedding pavillion). Booked bounceback for WL but I just called this morning and changed to GV wing at CR. That is the only thing available on bounceback there right now unless you go to CL at $575 a night

I was at BC about two weeks ago and got upgraded from a CL garden view to a CL lagoon view. What was interesting was that the cast member checking me in never said anything about the upgrade. She told me my room number, I went to the room and only when I got there did I realize that it was a lagoon view. Not complaining, mind you, I just thought it might be handled in a different way.

when i called in 4 weeks ago to make a ressie for ASMu for 6 nights I was pleased as it was a booking for christmas and last minute (in my book).

well we got our reservation packet in the mail and noticed it was for Coronado Springs at no rate change!!

we are happy. :cool1:

Are there ever any upgrades for DVC members? Staying at the SSR in a 2BR. Is there a concierge level there?

I downgraded myself to a standard view at CSR to save a couple of hundo, then wound up getting a water view anyway :)

Not while at the resort (we ended up switching resorts due to frustration with the entire situation, though we did have to spend 2 nights there), but when we got home after much aggravation and a few phone calls.

They bumped us down because they thought we had booked the only category available just to get a room. They bumped us down without notifying us or asking. It wasn't even mentioned at check in. It wasn't until I went in the room that I saw it wasn't what we booked and paid for. (we were on a package so it was paid for in advance)

So what did you book and what did you get, just curious.

Claire ;)

Just curious as to why they upgrade people? Is it for any occassion or do they do it at random? I'm booking a room for March and it will be our anniversary so I was going to tell them that when I booked. Is this the sort of thing they upgrade for?!

I'm checking in on the same day. From what I've heard it's going to be very busy. There are no rooms currently available. So I'm not counting on an upgrade. Good thing I've paid extra for a king bed.

I think I've seen the "busyness" we're in for when trying to make dining ressies. It's been a fight in every situation!! I don't understand it, with the economy the way it is, and the fact that the same time last year, my sisters and I had good luck with regard to the crowds. Here's hoping we will still be "blessed" with an upgrade tho!!:thumbsup2

So interesting. On our last trip, we asked for a downgrade! I'm not kidding. We'd booked AKL savanna-view bunk bed, but when we saw the bunk-bed room, we weren't happy with it. Just DH and me and, to us, the bunk seemed to take up a huge portion of the room.

We went back to the front desk and asked for a regular savanna-view room, no bunk. They really didn't want to make this change for us. I pointed out to them that this was a downgrade we were asking for and we weren't asking for a price adjustment.

After a little back-and-forth, we were able to get a regular savanna-view room that we were very happy with. BTW, we didn't ask for and didn't receive a price adjustment, but we were fine with that, since we loved the room we ended up in.

The whole process didn't take that long, but in our experience, they kind of make you "work" for a room change at AKL when you're not happy with where they've placed you. OTOH, we were once upgraded--no charge--to savanna-view, on a trip where we'd booked a standard-view, since no savanna-view rooms had been available when we made the rez. So we've had all kinds of experiences with the front desk at AKL. In the end, though, every time we've been there, we've ended up with a really wonderful room.

I have been 6 times, and have NEVER received an upgrade. :sad1:

Maybe the adage "closed mouths don't get fed" is the problem? Maybe I'll work up the gumption to hint around at check in. 'lol'

As per DVC guidelines, room categories cannot be changed, aka, no upgrade.

Maybe not always true...we were at SSR last August on points, booked a studio and were upgraded to a one bedroom - great location and nice view too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter