Anybody Stay @ 'now' Hilton Buena Vista Palace?

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Moved our trip up a day. stalking U/WDW/DVC websites to try & add on a night but it's getting close. Five day cancellation periods for our new date will kick in tomorrow

I'm hoping to see some movement but. JIK...

Would be happy enough to stay somewhere DTD where we can walk over. In the past have stayed @ the Hilton there and enjoyed it as we typically get upgraded as to the rewards program.

I noticed that their Hilton Buena Vista Palace now has a lazy river!!! I'm tempted as it appears to be within easy walking distance of DTD

Some renovations still ongoing according to reviews I've read. The reno'd rooms look lovely.

Get in early evening, no parks that day. Just want to hang out in DTD but don't want to drive nor deal with expense of uber/taxi/shuttle.

Any other recommendations specifically for hotels in DTD within walking distance would be appreciated.

I had a 4-night reservation at the Buena Vista Palace right after the renovation started. I checked out after one night because it was a miserable experience. The biggest issue was construction noise. That said, the room was the dirtiest hotel room I'd seen in the past two decades. There were layers of filth on the HVAC and bathroom vents. Unless you are guaranteed a renovated room, I'd stay elsewhere.

My favorite Disney Springs Hotel is the DoubleTree Suites. I've spent 40+ nights there in the past 2ish years. Every room is a suite and the staff is wonderful. It is the furthest of the 7 hotels. It's a 14 minute walk from the hotel to the Marketplace section of Disney Springs.

When I abandoned the Buena Vista Palace, I couldn't get into the DoubleTree. I ended up at the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista. Based on that stay, I highly recommend that hotel. The staff is great. For example, I was waiting in the lobby and a manager approached me and asked if I was satisfied with my stay.

If you do decide to stay at a Disney Springs Hotel, make sure you check out their marketing association website. You may find a discount. All links on that site send you to the official chain websites...so, you will still earn frequent guest points and qualify for elite level benefits (like with Hilton HHonors).

http://disneyspringshotels.com/

You may also want to read this past threads. They contain information and opinions about the various options:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter