Anybody here stayed at EVERY WDW resort?

CSX2

Mouseketeer
Would love to try them all. Has anybody done that?

Throw in Swan/Dolphin and SOG for good measure.

I haven't but my grandparents have. A few years ago (like ten , if thats a few) they went to disney world more then 4 times a year, even if it was just for a couple days, and they have stayed at every resort.

If you HAVE stayed at all resorts, name your absolute favorite (no lists, no reasons, no honorable mentions, just your hand-down favorite!)

:( I haven't stayed at them all.

We haven't stayed at YC, CR, CBR, Pop, SOG, FW, POR or Allstars. We're staying at SSR in October.

It's very doubtful I'll ever stay at SOG, Fort Wilderness or the Grand Floridian.

The others I haven't stayed at are the Yacht Club and Saratoga Springs. Doing Saratoga in December and I might end up at Yacht Club someday.

I haven't yet, but I'm working on it, LOL!

Have stayed at:

All Star Music
Grand Floridian
BoardWalk Inn
Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Polynesian
Yacht Club
Beach Club
Pop Century

Have not stayed at:

All Star Sports
All Star Movies
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
Port Orleans Riverside
Port Orleans French Quarter
Contemporary

Have stayed at:
MK Resorts: GF(2001), PR(1980), WLV (often), FW Cabin (2003)
EP Resorts: YC (1991), BCV (2002), BWV (often)
AK Area: AKL (2003), CSR (often), ASMovies (once was enough)
DTD Area: OKW (very often), PO-FQ(1990), CBR (1989)

Have not stayed at:
ASMu, ASSp, Pop, CR (although visited grandparents there in the 80's)

Favorites:
WL - ambience (total immersion / relaxation, yet close to many things), family atmosphere, trains
BW - entertainment, proximity to EP/MGM, pool slide
BC - stormalong bay, proximity

Liked all of the resorts, but, like everyone, we vote with our $$ - the best indicator of preferences is a repeat-return. For the last few years, we have been staying two weeks (DVC members - affects choices, but, they would be our choices anyway) and splitting our stay 4 ways:
2 weekend days - moderate (CSR / PO) or AKL
5 DVC (WLV)
2 weekend days - moderate or FW cabins (if having company)
5 DVC (BWV or BCV)

Some years we have a car (facilitates transitions), some years we use car service (airport) and let the bell staff move us from hotel to hotel. It all works - even transporting refrigerate-ables.

Those that did not make a repeat-return, frequent-patron status and why (your reasons may not be my reasons):

GF: Nice room, terrible view; wasn't willing to pay more than $200/night for a preferred view. Just trying it with AP discount one year. We frequent the lobby in the evenings for a glass of wine and music - and you don't need to stay there to do that.

PR: Nice memory from 1980, but the discounts never put it into our price range. Our price range may not be your price range, etc.

CR: Like the concept and convenience, but never cared for the decor.

AKL: Would stay here again for a weekend with the right discount - on the premise that we would get an AP discount for a standard room and hope for a savannah upgrade, since they seem to be common (but NEVER guaranteed!!). Had reservation to stay here again this trip, but for the same price, was able to get Royal Pacific at US (with FOTL benefit). We haven't been to US since 1993, but this is also the first year we have not been able to afford renewing our Disney AP's, so we'll give US another chance. Once a decade won't break our Disney stride too much (unless they actually have created some magical "hooks" since our last visit.)

Best value for the dollar, all around favorite: WL

PS - Disney - if you are listening, consider me a bellweather - I have been a loyal AP holder (since 1995) / DVC member (since 1992) and, due to AP prices, I am voluntarily placing myself under the spell of US for a few days. I am not expecting any trouble (like wanting to go back to US again after 2004), but I did not even consider going there as long as I had Disney AP's to get into a Disney park. I have been writing for years that you need a special AP classification / price for DVC members that more closely resembles Florida residents. We are committed to coming often, I should think you would want us spending all out discretionary vacation dollars in your parks and restuarants - even if it mean fewer AP ticket dollars. The AP / ticket people should be your park / restaurant people's business partners, not an independent business silo attempting to make their own profitability numbers.

Who knows, maybe 2004 is the year my 10-year-old idea will finally make sense to them.....

Very doubtful as I wouldn't stay at the Values.

But, I will stay in every concierge lounge and in every type of suite.:tongue:

ALMOST!!

I stayed at Shades right after they first opened back in 1994 (February is when we stayed) and I have stayed at both the Swan and Dolphin.

The only Disney resorts in which I have NOT stayed are the Wilderness Lodge, the Poly and the new Pop and Saratoga Springs. Other than that I have stayed at them all (including those that have now closed.)

I'm hoping to get Saratoga Springs in next year and Pop possibly for a quick weekend in the fall.

I can't offer a favorite to you because I like the resorts for different reasons.

If I'm planning on a lot of Epcot/MGM time then I like the Yacht/Beach Clubs (or even Boardwalk) If I want quiet and space I like Old Key West. If I want to be by the Magic Kingdom I choose the Contemporary. If I want a cheap quick stay I choose All Star Movies. It just depends. I like each resort for a variety of reasons.

Which did I DISLIKE? That's easy--Caribbean Beach. It's too spread out. It's inconvenient to get to the food court from many areas. I just did not like that one at all.

I hope to eventually stay in all of the resorts one day.

Sue Ellen

I have visited all of the resorts

I've stayed at:

All Star Music
All Star Sports
Port Orleans Riverside
Port Orleans French Quarter (first check in on July 20)
Polynesian (first check in on July 22)
Animal Kingdom Logde
Dolphin
Grand Floridian
Contemporary
Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness Campgrounds

sad huh?

Jungle Josh

I've stayed in 17 of them so far. I didn't set out with the goal of trying them all, however, after awhile it became obvious that I might as well go that route since I had sampled so many of them. I figure that within the next two or three years, I'll have stayed in them all. I haven't found a bad one in the bunch yet. Each resort has had something different to offer. I must say that it's truly been fun sampling Disney's resort smorgasbord.

We have stayed at 19 to date.::yes::

Have not stayed at PC, FW, & 2 of the AS resorts.

If we arrive late in the day or evening, we usually stay at a value or moderate for a night prior to our check in at our main resort for 7-14 days.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I've stayed at all of them except SS, though I did stay in the institute a couple of times.

My hands down favorite is the Contemporary.

My wife's favorite is the Polynesian.

The first time I visited WDW was in 1989, at the time I believe the only resorts were CR, Poly,CBR and FW we ended up staying at Hotel Plaza in what was then the Travellodge near the original Disney Village.

I declared then one day I would stay at all the resorts in WDW. :rotfl:Well Disney kept building new ones and I never accomplished my dream , will I ever? I somehow doubt it as I honestly have no desire to stay at the values, so now I will be happy if I just one day can say I have stayed at all the Deluxe Resorts:banana:

Since first coming down in 1983 my daughter and I have stayed at all of the Disney resorts (including the campgrounds). My favorite is the THV at STS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter