anybody have the wooden photo album they sell at WL?

ticktock

<font color=darkorchid>I'm more of a Georgian girl
I have never scrapbooked before, but I saw a beautiful album at WL last time we were there. The cover was wood and it had the symbols for the four parks on it( AK tree, Cindy's castle etc.) Does anyone have this album? Is it easy to work with? Is it worth forty dollars?:faint: Any advice for a newbie? We'll be there this weekend and I want to pick it up before they discontinue it. I NEED something to put all these pictures in right? Somebody help me justify this, please. My dh just doesn't understand.;)

I have that album, but don't remember paying $40 for it. I bought it at POP July 2005. If you need refills it can be a bit of a pain, but overall I love the album. In the last year (while working on it) it has gotten dinged, scratched, etc...and it just gives it a nice aged look....I was mortified at the first scratch, but now I just think each new blemish gives it character. Good luck with your decision. :teeth:

Do you mean this album?? Top left?

sbstuff2.jpg

If so...

I just started using this album, title page and 2 layouts. It's a bit of a pain cus in order for your pages to sit flat, you have to trim about 1.5 inches off each page. It's a nice album and I am sure I will enjoy it after all the work.
I paid $32 US for it at the World of Memories Store in DD last October.

There was article about this inone of my mags, warned you off buying them as they're not 12x12 and get damaged easily.

renessa said:
I have that album, but don't remember paying $40 for it. I bought it at POP July 2005. If you need refills it can be a bit of a pain, but overall I love the album. In the last year (while working on it) it has gotten dinged, scratched, etc...and it just gives it a nice aged look....I was mortified at the first scratch, but now I just think each new blemish gives it character. Good luck with your decision. :teeth:

I just loved this album and had to get it on our trip last week. I too love the worn, vintage look. So I'm not worried about it aging. I agree with the refill issue. I've already been out to purchase refills and have encountered problems. Anyone with this album have any hints as to where I/others might find something compatible? Thanks! (Oh, they had a nice "leather" album out with a "medallion" of the castle on it, too. Same price...$32.00)

Argh! I already bought it before I read any of the posts. Oh, well. I always have to make things difficult. :rolleyes: :teeth: Any tips for a newbie would be appreciated. I really liked the leather one too. Anybody have that one?

Hi,

In 2004, I bought the leather album with the crest...it was my first scrapbook! When I went to my scrapbooking store, the owner said she didn't like the binders because she notices the rings get uneven and damages the pages after a while... So when we went in 2005, I got the wooden one, because it was 3 posts and sooooo nice... I brought it to the scrapbook store, and the owner told me that my pages wouldn't lay flat because they are directly attached to the back cover :rolleyes2 ... So now I am "renovating" my scrapbook! I will add extra hinges so that the pages can lay flat... but I guess it's all worth it because it is a really nice scrapbook... But the one for my 2006 trip better not need renovating :rotfl2: !

Lanie how are you adding extra hinges? I'm totally lost here. Please explain, with pictures if possible :rotfl: .

The pages will lay flat as long as you trim the sides a bit to fit into the page protector. I don't see how adding more posts will help keep it flat unless you have puts tons of extra pages in the album.

Here's some photos

You can see that the right page has been cut a bit, therefore, you are able to see through to my next layout a little. Not a huge deal.

sb1.jpg

Here's a close up view of the posts.
If you can find the same size posts, you can just unscrew the tops and add more posts to them just like a Pioneer Post Album, but unless you add a lot of pages, you don't need to do that.

For the newbies, just remember you will have to trim your paper BEFORE you start designing your page. Don't design it then trim since chances are you will have some SB elements that go to the edge of your page.

Easy as pie! It's gorgeous album and comes with a generous amount of page protectors unlike some of Disney's other park albums!

sb2.jpg

I have this album too, and was a bit upset about the adding pages problem. Has anyone figured this out? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I already did all of my pages for the album, but still need about 12 more protectors to put it together and be done.

Timon said:
The pages will lay flat as long as you trim the sides a bit to fit into the page protector. I don't see how adding more posts will help keep it flat unless you have puts tons of extra pages in the album.

Here's some photos

You can see that the right page has been cut a bit, therefore, you are able to see through to my next layout a little. Not a huge deal.

sb1.jpg

Here's a close up view of the posts.
If you can find the same size posts, you can just unscrew the tops and add more posts to them just like a Pioneer Post Album, but unless you add a lot of pages, you don't need to do that.

For the newbies, just remember you will have to trim your paper BEFORE you start designing your page. Don't design it then trim since chances are you will have some SB elements that go to the edge of your page.

Easy as pie! It's gorgeous album and comes with a generous amount of page protectors unlike some of Disney's other park albums!

sb2.jpg

I too have this album but haven't used it yet because I kept reading on teh boards that finding refill page protectors was a pain....Cass...it looks like you have added pages to your book....can I ask what brand of refill page protectors you used?

Mickey&JoshNut,

I didn't add more pages, I just took apart the posts and pulled out the cardboard that they had stuck in there. I don't think any regular off the shelf refills will fit that album. Leave it to Disney to design albums that only one company can make the proper refills for.

My very first scrapbook ever was a green 3 ring Disney Memories album I bought in Downtown Disney in 2000 and I had no clue about refills since I had never scrapbooked before. I ended up paying $25 to order refills and then $25 for shipping and handling!! I was not impressed.

The only reason I bought this album was because it had 20 pages instead of the usual 10 pages, which I figured was enough to scrap this trip.

Thanks Cass....I didn't realize you hadn't added any pages. Ouch about the page refills and shipping charges for your 2000 album. My first scrapbook was an 8 1/2 X 11 WDW scrapbook (anyone remember the blue "Photo Memories" scrapbooks they sold???)....I ended up getting page protectors from Office Depot for my book because I didn't know there were page protectors specifically for scrapbooks!!!

I bought some local refills...some generic variety at Hobby Lobby. I had to modify the holes slightly and they stick out just a bit, but I needed more pages!!!! I still love the book, but they need to sell refills. I did not use any of the originals as I wanted all the page protectors to match. :sunny:

ticktock said:
Lanie how are you adding extra hinges? I'm totally lost here. Please explain, with pictures if possible :rotfl: .

Hi,

Sorry about the delay, I am swamped at work!!!!

What I mean is that I will add an extra piece of wood at the back, and attach it to the back cover with hinges.

Instead of the pages being attached to the back cover, they will be attached to the new piece of wood, which will be attached with hinges to the back cover... Does that make sense? When it's finished, I'll try to post pictures, cause I know it's hard to understand if you haven't seen it! :yay:

The thing is, we had a 2 week trip to Universal, IOA, Busch Garden, Sea World and Disney!!!! So my scrapbook is REALLY Big!!!. Plus, the pages do not lay flat when they are attached to the back cover, so renovations it is!!!!

I also didn't have enough page protectors, so I bought ALL New ones (50 I think..) and I punched new holes in them...

I think I spend more time modifying my materials than on my actual scrapbooking!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter