Anybody Going to See "The Who"?

dizcrazee

DIS Veteran
I can't believe it - Roger Waters, Elton John, and The Who (well, Pete and Roger) all in one year! I may have to go see Pete and Roger twice. I don't think once will be enough. I'm going to the December concert in Nashville. I may have to add Atlanta in November if hubby is game....Hmmm...:scratchin

I can't wait! :yay:

I am! I'm going to the Nashville show, too. I'm really looking forward to it!

Haven't seen them since about '86 or '87. I'm sure they'll be good, but it's not the same without Entwistle (much less without Keith). They're performing the complete Quadrophenia, correct? Enjoy the show!

I won tickets from our Local radio station for the Dec 8th show in Philly. I can't wait. We can't afford to do concerts so I haven't been to one in many many years...very excited.

Yup, I will be there at Madison Square Garden in December -- with my brother, my cousin, my boyfriend, his cousin, his cousin's girlfriend, and his cousin's parents (whew!). I can't wait, it's going to be so awesome. This will be my 3rd time. Last time was during the previous Quadrophenia tour in 96. My favorite album of all time -- no way I'd miss this!

No current plans to see The Twho, but I've seen them 8 times. First two times Keith was still with us. I almost was at the infamous Cincinnati Riverfront Coliseum show. That's where I first saw them in '75.

No current plans to see The Twho, but I've seen them 8 times. First two times Keith was still with us. I almost was at the infamous Cincinnati Riverfront Coliseum show. That's where I first saw them in '75.

My cousins were there, and I was at their house. They were very shaken up after the show and didn't know the extent of what happened until they saw it on the news.

Yes hubby and I are going to the Amway in Orlando!! So excited! We also going to see Santana this month in Tampa. :thumbsup2

Brought this thread back because I bought tickets this morning for Detroit November 24! There was a show about the making of Quadrophenia on TV last night so I looked up the tour info. We got second row center section seats...the Platinum VIP Experience with open bar pre-party et al. This will be our Christmas presents this year.

Quadrophenia is my favorite album of all time.

I can't believe it - Roger Waters, Elton John, and The Who (well, Pete and Roger) all in one year! I may have to go see Pete and Roger twice. I don't think once will be enough. I'm going to the December concert in Nashville. I may have to add Atlanta in November if hubby is game....Hmmm...:scratchin

I can't wait! :yay:

We're going to see them in Greensboro next week. We saw them a couple of years ago (may be more than 10) and had 3rd row seats. :cool1:

We saw Roger Waters this summer too!

OP-- if you can make it to Greensboro we have an extra ticket! We bought one for DD but she has to work for a school project.

Brought this thread back because I bought tickets this morning for Detroit November 24! There was a show about the making of Quadrophenia on TV last night so I looked up the tour info. We got second row center section seats...the Platinum VIP Experience with open bar pre-party et al. This will be our Christmas presents this year.

Quadrophenia is my favorite album of all time.

Wow, what a thrill that will be. Have you read Pete Townshend's bio? I read some excerpts in Rolling Stone. Eye-opening to say the least.:)

Listen to the opening band, Vintage Trouble -- it's one of DS20's favorites.

Wow, what a thrill that will be. Have you read Pete Townshend's bio? I read some excerpts in Rolling Stone. Eye-opening to say the least.:)

I have not but I should. He is my favorite musician ever.

DD22 is a huge fan of The Who (has been ever since the age of 9 when she saw a summerstock theatre production of Tommy:)).

She and a friend have tickets to the show in Phoenix in February. She is VERY excited for Quadrophenia!

I went with her to a performance at the Nokia Theatre a few years back, and we had second row seats. I have never heard anything as loud as that concert in my entire life!:scared1: My daughter was thrilled and loved every minute of it. Pete and Roger were right in front of us, I'm guessing not more than twenty feet away. I'm a huge Beatles fan and was more interested in watching Zac Starkey on the drums!

Both of our daughters went to see Roger Daltrey in concert last October at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas. They had the VIP package and got to attend a pre-show event with a meet-and-greet with Roger. They said Roger was very gracious and super nice. He signed posters for them, paused for photos and took the time to chat with each of them. My younger daughter said he kissed her on the cheek and told her she looked lovely. Needless to say, she was on cloud nine for days!:rotfl:

I really want to but I can't justify the cost right now. Quardophenia is not my favorite album of theirs and while I know they'll be doing some other hits as well, I'm not sure if I want to spend the money to see that whole album live (although, I thoroughly enjoyed the making of Quadrophenia special that was on the other night). I think I could be convinced if it was on a Friday or Saturday, but it's on a weeknight here.

The show was last night and it was amazing! We're uploading a video of "Won't Get Fooled Again" to YouTube and I'll post it if it ever finishes. Here's a picture:

390233_4895702881595_352321382_n.jpg

Hi there, OP here...I'm thrilled to see all the cool posts! Wow! Thanks for posting the picture and to the person with the ticket offer...how nice of you! This is why I love this chat board; it's actually the only one in which I participate. There are always people around with similar interests and views, and it seems like they could be my friends in "real life". :lovestruc

I'm so excited...one week left to go! :yay:

Pardon my middle-aged nostalgia, but The Who movie "The Kids Are Alright" came out when I was a teenager and it played for months at a run-down theater in my hometown. I used to drive across town in my old jalopy and sit by myself to watch it over and over. I really connected to their music. It kind of expressed my feelings as a angst-ridden teen, and I still love it. I guess you could say I'm a Who fan from way back, and Quadrophenia still just blows me away. In Pete's words...long live rock! :thumbsup2

P.S. - In response to Micca, I have read Pete's autobiography and I highly recommend it!

Hi there, OP here...I'm thrilled to see all the cool posts! Wow! Thanks for posting the picture and to the person with the ticket offer...how nice of you! This is why I love this chat board; it's actually the only one in which I participate. There are always people around with similar interests and views, and it seems like they could be my friends in "real life". :lovestruc

I'm so excited...one week left to go! :yay:

Pardon my middle-aged nostalgia, but The Who movie "The Kids Are Alright" came out when I was a teenager and it played for months at a run-down theater in my hometown. I used to drive across town in my old jalopy and sit by myself to watch it over and over. I really connected to their music. It kind of expressed my feelings as a angst-ridden teen, and I still love it. I guess you could say I'm a Who fan from way back, and Quadrophenia still just blows me away. In Pete's words...long live rock! :thumbsup2

I know how you feel (son). When Kids was on HBO for the first time I watched it every time it was on. At the sound check last night Pete came out with his acoustic guitar and played a little bit of I'm One. I got tears in my eyes.

Here's another picture; the autographed lithographs that came with our package.

1037_4895835524911_1004082133_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter