Anybody ever sell on Amazon?????

luv2shop

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I have sold a few things on ebay and was wondering if anybody has sold on amazon, what are the differences?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!:) :)

I've sold quite a few books on Amazon, but that's about it. Items were much easier to list on Amazon - you just do a search for whatever it is you are wanting to sell and when you find the new item listing you click "sell one just like this". You don't have to upload any pics or write any kind of lengthy description. In fact, I think you only get a couple of lines to write a description of the item's condition and that's it.

Plus, there was no listing fee. I would put books up for sale there and if they didn't sell then I would put them on EBay. But in most cases, it would sell on Amazon.

Now I haven't sold anything through the auction site, so I'm not sure how that would compare.

I've sold a number of things on Amazon. I have sold anything from books, cds, games, toys, even children's life vest! I just sold a few books, cds, Wii games and toys on there(all of which I sold at a profit.) I made an extra $200 for our surprise Jan trip.

I prefer to sell on Amazon. It is a much simpler process and far fewer headaches. Your item is not sold until payment is made (all of which Amazon handles.) I'll be honest that I haven't really compared the fees although I would think Amazon would be slightly higher but I think you get better prices on Amazon. I also think that the simplicity is worth a few pennies.

I agree with the above. I feel you get a better class of buyer on Amazon, you list for free, and when your listing expires, you have the opportunity to review your price to make sure your price is where you want it to be. Two cautions, they take a bigger bite out of your profits, and in most cases any item listed under $4 is almost a give away. Second, be careful of the predetermined postage, I have had some very heavy books where Amazon did not fully cover the postage, sometimes I may have to adjust my asking price to make sure I get enough.
I like Amazon, even with these flaws. I almost always list Books and CD's on Amazon over ebay.

Well this thread inspired my to list on there! I have so much stuff around the house, that normally I would sell on Ebay, but with all of the problems there now it is not worth the hassle anymore. Which is what Ebay wanted anyway. No small sellers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter