Anybody ever have problems using Pre-paid credit card?

dsnygirl2006

DIS Veteran
Hey
I was going to use a pre-paid credit card and put about $1500 on it, but I just want to make sure that I can then use this card and not have any problems at all with it???

We used to offer them at the credit union where I work, but they're discontinuing them.

I talked to a co-worker who tried to use one, and had trouble two of the four times he tried to use it.

I was going to try one this trip, but decided to use old fashioned travelers checks instead.

I don't know about the prepaid credit cards, but prepaid giftcards DO. I work as a cashier and have had so many people complaining over their Visa and Mastercard giftcards that people have given them as gifts. See......the thing is that you have to keep up with how much balance is left on the card yourself. Oh, you can call the card to find out, but a lot of them charge you a dollar or more to do so. If you don't have the exact amount that you are purchasing on it, then it will not accept it. I think a prepaid credit card and a prepaid CC giftcard would be pretty much the same thing wouldn't you think? I would just do some good info searching before I got one.:) By the way, have FUN!

I used a AAA visa card all over orlando last march with no problem..However I did not go to Walt Disney World. I was nervous at first but anywhere they took visa it was accepted.

My bank offers Visa Travel Money cards. It's the same as any pre-paid Visa/Mastercard, etc and you can purchase them online to at the Visa Website. I prefer this to travelers checks
We just returned from a trip to WDW 9/8/07-9/15/07 and I had no trouble at all using it and I used it a lot!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter