anyboby ever been to DW in November??

I LOVE early November at WDW. Stay away from Thanksgiving week - big crowds! - but November, in general. is perfect. The daytime temps are normally in high 70s, and the evenings are pleasantly cool, but usually not so much that you'll be chilly. It varies year-to-year, though, so you should be prepared for both warmer and cooler weather. I don't remember having any problems swimming in a "normal" November, though.

The crowd levels in early November are light to moderate. You can be there for the Christmas decorations and MVMCP, but still be able to walk on rides or have only short wait times. It's one of my favorite times of year to be at WDW!! :thumbsup2

We have been in early November and the weather was great. Warm during the day and a little cool in the evenings - I would bring jackets for when the sun goes down.

We had a great time and the crowds were great - able to walk on most rides with little or no wait.

Have a great trip!

Ohhh and don't forget they are usually putting up the Holiday decorations in November! My favorite! :)

Love November. Great weather as others have said. You will probably want a light jacket at night. And don't forget Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at MK. Christmas cookies, hot cider...and snow in central Florida!

We've been the first part to mid November a few times and it is PERFECT!! Low 80's or high 70's during the days (warm enough to swim and go to water parks) and chilly enough at night to wear a hoodie or light jacket. If I had my choice, I would ONLY go to DW in November. We love it!

We've been there in November a couple times. Both times we had some really cold weather in the mornings. Upper 30s low 40s cold. But it always warmed up nicely. Thinking of going back this November the weekend before Thanksgiving. We're from the midwest so FL weather in November is usually better than home. Bring layers just in case and you'll be fine.

Great to here about small crowds and good weather!

Im going in November 8th-22nd looks like we will just miss the Thanksgiving crowds :)

I've been reading about crowds and it says during "Jersey Week" crowds get higher, how crowded do the parks get?

No thanks......we went this past year....weather is just too iffy for us to waste money on a warm Florida vacation and endure cold spells. Wearing heavy clothes and coats is not what we want out of a Disney vacation. We enjoy the heat and swimming weather.....we also have done some January and February trips and those are out too....running into cold spells again, ruined the resort pool time we like spending. As for crowds, they aren't like they used to be, low and easy flowing, I put this up to the free dining offers...been more crowded than before the dining offers.....

We've done 44 trips to WDW and have settled on the late August, September, October time periods to get the warm day and nights back that we enjoy...crowds were pretty low then but anymore you never know but we'll take alittle more crowded over chilly weather any time we travel to WDW....Good luck!

I agree that the weather can be "iffy" - the first half of our week was mid 80's and humid with afternoon showers and the second half was cool and dry with highs only in the mid 60's.

I agree that the weather can be "iffy" - the first half of our week was mid 80's and humid with afternoon showers and the second half was cool and dry with highs only in the mid 60's.

That happened to us once. When it's only in the mid 60's during the day, it gets cold at night. That's not the norm for that time but it can happen.

We were there the first week of Nov. 2010 and it was warm the first part of the week(80's), then it rained and was windy/cool the latter part(60's). Very nice indeed. :goodvibes

I highly recommend early November! Shorts in the daytime, pants at night. We carried light jackets to layer in the evenings. The crowds are light and during EMH we walked right onto fastpass rides.

We went the week after Thanksgiving last year. The first two days were very nice (almost too hot) and my husband stopped at a Target to buy a few pairs of shorts. The remainder of our trip was very chilly. Not teeth-chattering cold, but we did need long pants and sweatshirts/light jackets. It was actually perfect for me, because I'd rather be slightly cold than hot. The crisp weather also went wonderfully with the Christmas decorations and the Christmas music. :goodvibes

As others have said, it can vary a lot. Last time we went in November was 2008. We were there the 9th through the 22nd. Look at the temps (from the National Weather Service site's historical data):

Date High Low
09 76 50
10 77 51
11 79 56
12 83 66
13 86 69
14 88 69
15 83 62
16 62 48
17 67 42
18 66 45
19 63 40
20 69 39
21 70 45
22 67 43

As you can see, it was nice and toasty the first week, but the second week we had to deal with some very chilly evenings. I recall a few of those nights had some really fierce winds, too.

thanks everyone i really enjoy reading everyones input, the "iffyness" of nov is kinda scaring me, i havent been to DW to see the christmas decorations since i was a kid and i would love to go, does anyone know the dates the decoration will b up?..maybe it will fall in the first week of nov and that might put my mind at ease alittle...

We have been there the week before Thanksgiving week for the last 2 years and the weather has been great. We needed a light jacket in the evenings, but wore shorts every day. The parks were decorated, the resorts were done while we were there and the crowds were low. It is my favorite time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter