Any where I can't use Disney Gift cards at DW ?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mndisneylovinmom, Apr 7, 2013.

1. mndisneylovinmom

mndisneylovinmom Earning My Ears

I'd like to buy 2 or 3 disney gift cards ( at walmart or target) a month until our vacation ( nov) I'm planning to use them for food, snacks, and at shops. Is there any place in Disney world I'm not able to use them? Can I use them at resorts?
    I haven't ever used gift cards before and needs some advice from others who have. Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

There are a couple of kiosks that do not have the capability. But most are able to.

4. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

You can't use them at the swan and dolphin! Which is really irritating.

5. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Why is it irritating? They are not even Disney resorts......you could use a pre-paid Visa card.

6. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

They sell themselves as being on Disney property (walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin), they use Disney transportation, they have character meals - they could take the gift cards. It's not a huge deal, not a vacation ruiner, not anything to get upset about - just irritating and inconvenient. I never stay there.

But, my party usually is large and we use TIW cards. One person pays the bill with a credit card and others pay with gift cards. It works well, everywhere except swan and dolphin. It is an inconvenience. Prepaid Visa cards are not nearly as flexible, don't work with tips well, and generally you have to know the exact amount of the card.

No big deal, I doubt I will return to the restaurants at swan dolphin.