Any way to earn a free night at a hotel?

PrincessJasmine08

<font color=magenta>That is insane! I had no idea
I was talking to my father today who mentioned that he recently got a credit card where they give you some amount of points for getting it. Whatever the initial amount of points was was the exact amount you needed for a stay at a hotel. I believe it was for a Holiday Inn. Anyway, we are looking for a hotel the night before our flight to Disney close to the airport as we have a 7am flight. I was thinking if I could get some kind of a deal like this that would be great. Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

I know that Bank of America has a card that
gave 3 free nights at a Choice Hotel (Comfort Inn,
Quality Inn, etc) with no annual fee.
You might go to chasecards.com to see if they
have a Holiday Inn promotion.

pilgrimage said:
I know that Bank of America has a card that
gave 3 free nights at a Choice Hotel (Comfort Inn,
Quality Inn, etc) with no annual fee.
You might go to chasecards.com to see if they
have a Holiday Inn promotion.

Do you have to have an account with Bank of America? I could only find a card for business owners with the free night hotel on chase cards.

Lots of cards have similar deals.

You can get a Hilton Hhonors or Mariott Rewards credit card. The card offer points with each purchase that you can use toward a free hotel room. You also usually get enough points for a free room night as a bonus for opening the account.

I would imagine Holiday Inn and Choice Hotels would have them as well. I would check their websites--they usually have an advertisement for their credit card right on the front page.

I have an American Express Hilton Honors card and a Visa Hilton Honors that I can't remember what bank it is thru because the AE offers better rewards and customer service so that is what I use.

I also have a Marriott rewards through Visa that is issued by Chase.

Right now I have about 5 nights thru Hilton that I usually use at Hampton and 2 nights thru Marriott that I usually use at Fairfield. I just use these as 1 night interstate motels on my way to and from timeshare destinations.

June

I just found a credit card on chase cards from Marriott. It is the Marriott Rewards that everyone is mentioning. You receive a free night at a hotel and 15,000 bonus points. I applied, hopefully it can work out for this trip! Thanks for the Chase cards link. :thumbsup2

We have one for the Choice hotels through Bank of America. They had offered 16,000 pts to sign up - about 2 nights stay. They've been good so far though you have to be flexible about exact hotels at a location. Some hotels in a location always seem to be full. We've used 2 nights so far and had no problems turning in the points & the hotels have been nice.

The card I think you are referring to (for Holiday Inn) is through Chase. Holiday Inn's rewards program is called Priority Club - if you go to priorityclub.com there should be a link for the credit card if you are interested - I recently got one - I got enough points for 1 night and 6 month interest free. I will be using my points for the Phila airport Holiday Inn - we stay the night before and leave the car there, take the shuttle to the airport. Hope this helps.

PrincessJasmine08 said:
I just found a credit card on chase cards from Marriott. It is the Marriott Rewards that everyone is mentioning. You receive a free night at a hotel and 15,000 bonus points. I applied, hopefully it can work out for this trip! Thanks for the Chase cards link. :thumbsup2
Did you apply for the Signature Card or the Premier Card?

If you just want to use it for this one occasion, the Signature card is better because they waive the annual fee for the first year ($30 after that).

If, however, you plan to keep the card and use it to rack up free travel in the future, the Premier card is a better deal even though it has a higher annual fee ($65). They both give you 15,000 points and a free nite when you sign up. But Premier also gives you a free nite each year on your account anniversary. That more than makes up for the annual fee since a category 5 hotel could easily be $300/nite so getting it for $65 is a steal. Premier also has a better reward structure: 5 pts/$ spent at Marriott (vs. 3 pts with Signature), 2 pts/$ on dining, airlines and car rentals (vs. 1 pt with Signature). Premier also gives a golf discount coupon when you open your account. If you don't need it, you can sell it on ebay. I got $22 for mine.

I used to have a Signature card but upgraded to Premier a few months ago when they launched the new card.

Rather than getting a credit card just for a night's stay, use Priceline. You can probably get a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express for the $25 range.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!