Any truth to the April 1 ticket increase rumor?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Brer Shay, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Brer Shay

Brer Shay compulsive Disney planner

I saw on a few threads here that tickets MAY increase April 1. In the past the Monday increases were known about Friday afternoon, but I don't know where to look for the information. If they are going up, I'll buy our tickets today, otherwise I'll wait a few more weeks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mrsklamc

mrsklamc <font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what

I would love to know this too.

4. jperrot1

jperrot1 Fantasmic

Would this be an April Fools Day joke? I'll bet that it is:)

5. ICF

ICF DIS Veteran

I doubt anyone here knows exactly when the increase will occur.

It has been long rumored though, that they will go up in early April -- if you need tickets, you might as well buy them now to be safe.

6. Brer Shay

Brer Shay compulsive Disney planner

I'll go with no known increase or these boards would have been lighting up. The last few years when there have been increases it became knowledge on Friday afternoon and the actual increase happened on Monday.

7. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

Who Knows What EVIL Lurks In The Heart Of Disney Marketing?!

Normally Ticket Price increases always go into effect on a Sunday. The earliest Disney will usually announce the increases is late on a Friday afternoon.

The only people who know in advance are some managers and high level people, the programmers for the ticketing computers, and the people who make signs and printed materials.

Often many of us who sell tickets find out when we come in and find that the prices on our terminals are changed, and the sheets we have in the booths to show Guests their choices are new.

For several years it had been in August, but in 2011 and 2012 it was in early-June.